You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Unhappy bowtech binary cams

I have a 2007 Commander, can anyone tell me if there is a set up and tuning of the cams, as when i contacted bowtech about tuning they suggested I come here.Les

Quote Originally Posted by les View Post
    I have a 2007 Commander, can anyone tell me if there is a set up and tuning of the cams, as when i contacted bowtech about tuning they suggested I come here.Les
    LOL, wow you can't be serious? They wouldn't help you? do you have any bowtech archery shops in your area?

Unhappy

There is no main agent for Bowtech in Australia, there are some people who know Bowtech but have no knowledge of the Binary Cams.

bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple harleyryder's Avatar

The Company itself told you to come here to get advice on setting up your bow ? You didn't by chance get the name of that person did you ?
    Hoyt Katera XL and Gold tip XT hunters arrows...Tipped with a thunderhead

We'll I'll help him if no one else wants to.. Draw the bow with an arrow on the string, just like you would be shooting the bow and while pointing it in a safe direction. While at anchor, have someone look at the relationship between the cables and the stops on the modules. You will have to be steady and let off slightly to get some clearance between the cables and the stops for your helper to judge the gap between the cables and the stops. If needed, press the bow to make changes by twisting one cable at a time, at the outer loop peg on the cam. Draw the bow again as outlined above and have your helper judge the gap distances again. Idealy, the cables should make contact against the module stops at the same instant.
    An easier way would be to use a crank board to draw the bow.
    Set the arrow's nock height so it is perfectly 90 degrees to the string. Set the arrow rest so that the string, the rear stabilizer mounting hole and the point of the arrow while on the rest and string is in a perfect alignment.

These setting should give you a good starting point to tuning your bow.

les, heres a brief video, describing how to time binary cams. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJ6fVV3RfM

Thanks for all your help it was appreciated and of great help. I have received more help from you than I received from the manufacturers.Hope I can return the favour.

Thanks for all your help it was appreciated and of great help. I have received more help from you than I received from the manufacturers.Hope I can return the favour.
    I think the manufactures rely on their dealers to service the bows they sell, it's their job. If there's no dealer close by there is always the internet, glad I could help!

I hope that video was help to you! You might say that guy in the video KNOWS what he is talking about.

here is a thread http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=218697

it is pretty long starts in 03, binary was fairly new. all may not be relevant for you.
    "Life's tough...........even tougher if you're stupid"
    John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs223 View Post
    here is a thread http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=218697

it is pretty long starts in 03, binary was fairly new. all may not be relevant for you.
    The first year for the BowTech Binary cams was 2005, I have one of the first Allegiances and it's still a great bow by today's standards. My wife also still has her '05 Defender which my Grandson used to take his first deer with last fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Bowtech in Australia

Les where are you from?

Archery Supplies in Canberra is the distributor/importer of Bowtech into Australia www.archeryshop.com.au

In Melbourne Urban Archery www.urbanarchery.com.au sell bowtech and know about the binary cams

In Sydney Oceanic Archery can help you, though not a bowtech dealer, they are knowledgeable in the binary cam. www.oceanicarchery.com

Also sign up to www.archery-forum.com as they are an Australian based forum and should be able to provide further assistance with where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with a gimp View Post
    The first year for the BowTech Binary cams was 2005, I have one of the first Allegiances and it's still a great bow by today's standards. My wife also still has her '05 Defender which my Grandson used to take his first deer with last fall.
    sorry confused his member date with thread date
    "Life's tough...........even tougher if you're stupid"
    John Wayne

never had any problems with the binarys heard some about haveing trouble but not here i shoot them alot 2
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    Les where are you from?

Archery Supplies in Canberra is the distributor/importer of Bowtech into Australia www.archeryshop.com.au

In Melbourne Urban Archery www.urbanarchery.com.au sell bowtech and know about the binary cams

In Sydney Oceanic Archery can help you, though not a bowtech dealer, they are knowledgeable in the binary cam. www.oceanicarchery.com

Also sign up to www.archery-forum.com as they are an Australian based forum and should be able to provide further assistance with where to go.
    I live in Queensland, I bought the bow from archery supplies they did"nt know what modules I needed for a 27" draw, I won't deal with them again.I will check Urban archery and the forum thanks.

I time my binary cam bows just like I would a 2 cam bow.

Never had a problem just makes sure you have a draw stop on the cam and its locked down.