You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Shot the Xforce Omen

Ok, I shot it. Here's the report. I didn't get slapped by the string which was a concern.

They had a 30" and I shoot 29" so I thought it might whack me. It pulls harder than the regular Xforce but again I'm a 29 so it may have felt like more than it would be if it was the right draw.

Very little vibration on the shot, very quiet and of course very fast. If speed is your game, this is one to check out.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

and come JULY 15th 2009, you too can be the proud owner of one......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I thought it had the most awful draw of any bow I've ever had in my hands. It loads up like crazy in the last 2 or 3 inches. I was absolutely positive I had hit the wall and that there was no let off. The guy there said...keep pullin.... I did and it dumped into the valley like no other. I agree with Chris on the after shot stuff, not too bad. I would however rather shoot a 1978 PSE with 50% let-off....

I'm a 29" draw as well.

I'm sure a person would adapt to the cycle and get comfortable with it, but not sure it would be worth it when there are bows 110-15 fps slower with more brace height and much more ease of draw....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I thought it had the most awful draw of any bow I've ever had in my hands. It loads up like crazy in the last 2 or 3 inches. I was absolutely positive I had hit the wall and that there was no let off. The guy there said...keep pullin.... I did and it dumped into the valley like no other. I agree with Chris on the after shot stuff, not too bad. I would however rather shoot a 1978 PSE with 50% let-off....

I'm a 29" draw as well.

I'm sure a person would adapt to the cycle and get comfortable with it, but not sure it would be worth it when there are bows 110-15 fps slower with more brace height and much more ease of draw....
    110fps is alot.........I would figure that that much slower would be alot less force needed to draw......

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    110fps is alot.........I would figure that that much slower would be alot less force needed to draw......
    I think he meant 10 -15 fps
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    I think he meant 10 -15 fps
    Yes, but it was still funny.

"HONDA"

I'm a 29" draw as well.

The thing to remember about that bow is it was only brought out to take some of the Monster market and it should not have any trouble doing that because of the exposure at the ata show. It was made to get the same speed with 1/2" more brace height. Everything after the release goes off feels and sounds just like the other X-Forces.
    L.A. Archery
    Everything else is obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by L A Archery View Post
    The thing to remember about that bow is it was only brought out to take some of the Monster market and it should not have any trouble doing that because of the exposure at the ata show. It was made to get the same speed with 1/2" more brace height.
    I agree.
    July 2009 release and only three DLs.
    It was their 2010 release, but they launched it early to put force Mathews to retool their advertising, which is expensive.

From the other Manufacturer:
    Quote:
    The fastest most efficient high let off cams you can buy based on the winningest cam design in history.

Fastest most efficient single cam and dual cam bows ever!
    PSE:
    "Omen is the fastest, most efficient bow ever produced."

Subtle difference in that PSE claims all bows and the other brand claims Single and Dual Cams, leaving out Hybrids/C1.5/etc.

Been interesting watching the tit-for-tat technology and advertising wars.
    2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I agree.
    July 2009 release and only three DLs.
    It was their 2010 release, but they launched it early to put force Mathews to retool their advertising, which is expensive.

From the other Manufacturer:

PSE:
    "Omen is the fastest, most efficient bow ever produced."

Subtle difference in that PSE claims all bows and the other brand claims Single and Dual Cams, leaving out Hybrids/C1.5/etc.

Been interesting watching the tit-for-tat technology and advertising wars.
    I think your right on some level. I also think Pete doesn't want to be out done. Releasing it at the ATA is just his style. I think its hard for some companies choke down the reality that Mathews entered the speed market.

As they say: "This means war"

At least thats what it looks like from the outside. For all I know Pete and Matt could be good friends.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    I think your right on some level. I also think Pete doesn't want to be out done. Releasing it at the ATA is just his style. I think its hard for some companies choke down the reality that Mathews entered the speed market.

As they say: "This means war"

At least thats what it looks like from the outside..
    I doubt it........even Pete says so......take a close look at the words in this AD.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could care less why they brought it out. It is a beast to draw and that is enough. Making the fastest piece of crap is still making a piece of crap. Archery is more like 2nd grade recess year after year.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I doubt it........even Pete says so......take a close look at the words in this AD.......

That add is awesome.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

I could care less why they brought it out. It is a beast to draw and that is enough. Making the fastest piece of crap is still making a piece of crap. Archery is more like 2nd grade recess year after year.
    I think if they had a 29" it would feel a lot better, everybody was saying it was so hard at the end, but i think that is cause 90% of the people that shot it are 28 - 29 " draws, drawing 1-2" to long makes anything feel bad.
    I am not saying it is a real smooth draw, but for pulling an inch too long i didnt think it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by millerarchery View Post
    I think if they had a 29" it would feel a lot better, everybody was saying it was so hard at the end, but i think that is cause 90% of the people that shot it are 28 - 29 " draws, drawing 1-2" to long makes anything feel bad.
    I am not saying it is a real smooth draw, but for pulling an inch too long i didnt think it was that bad.
    if it is anything like the DS GX that we have in the shop, they should have set it at 29, then it would have accually been 30

I think the 09s are pretty good,i am a 29" draw and with the 29" mods on it i have to set it on the + post to feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by millerarchery View Post
    Owning a bow shop and building strings, I get in a lot of bows that people want a string put on. A lot of them are old bows with 50% let off and it seems like most are 30" draw for some reason. I'm talking old Bear and PSE bows with cams the size of half dollars. I'm used to drawing bows an inch longer than my draw as I put several arrows through any bow I put strings on. I've still never drawn a bow like the Omen. Even at the correct draw, it would be awful. Why anyone would make a bow load up that bad right before dumping into the valley is beyond me. I'm not knocking PSE in general, just this particular bow.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Wow JC it sound little something got under your skin. You call the bow "fastest piece of crap ", it makes it sound as though your just one of those bashers. Yes it load up just like the Bowtec, Elites, and others, just a little bit more, phyiscs come into play when getting the most out of a cam, you need to ramp up quick, keep it there as long as possible, then drop into the valley. Yes the bow is not for everybody, but it is a great bow, and many will buy it.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

The Omen did load a little harsh but Ive personally felt alot worse im thinkin of shooting the omen a little in 3d imo seems to be very shootable and for the record there was only 1 reezen the omen is out there.
    ABB BOWSTRINGSFBSA MEMBER
    POSTEN STAFF SHOOTER BODOODLE STAFF SHOOTER
    SWORD STAFF SHOOTER GOLTIP STAFF SHOOTER
    PSE STAFF SHOOTER

The reezen is not even in the same legal as the omen, the compareable bow to the reezen is the Bow Madness XL. Here are the spec on the two, and I have not found a reezen that has shoot at the 340 mark yet, been close but 332 is not 340.

Mathews Reezen
    Specifications*
    IBO Rating: up to 340 fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 32"
    Brace Height: 6.5"
    Draw Weight: 40 - 70lbs
    65 lb peak weight also available
    Bow Weight: 4.15 lbs
    Letoff: 80%

PSe Bow Madness XL
    Specifications
    Axle-to-Axle: 36"
    Brace Height: 6-1/2"
    IBO Speed: 332-324
    Let Off : 80% or 65% Adjustable
    Mass Weight: 3.9 lbs
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

That’s why I’m thinking of shoot’in the Monster xcellerate- I mean XLR8 at 375 +/-

My disclaimer - Just messing with ya trying to have fun
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!