You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Mental Midget!

Cool Mental Midget!

That is exactly how I feel . Tonight I shot my score for our slubs 3D bowhunter warmup league. Our score cards are broke down into 3 games of 10 targets worth 120 pts. each for a total of 360 pts. In the first game I shot a 114, 108 in the second, and last but not least an 89! for a 311, I could not believe myself an 89. I started the third game doing well until a guy I used to work with came down and I was talking to him and I just stopped concentrating as hard. It is amazing how much of this sport is mental, You go from being super focused and shooting good to shooting crap just like that Putting all these smilies in makes me feel better man theres alot of them. Anyway anyone else ever have the train on concentration derail?
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Don't be to hard on yourself. You learned something today. Concentration or more accurately, focus is very important.

Now grasshopper, you have done well.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

O yeah been their!!! lol mainly at 3d indoor leauge, every now and then i get to messing around with a few buddies and the scores drop, the thing that really kills me is guys shooting let their kids run around make noise and raise heck. that really erks me and then i lose concentration.... Im always so scared of one of those kids running out infront of a shooter, somethims we will have 25 people shooting at the same time, pretty much done for the night at that point once i get good and mad.... Then i feel bad cause i said something to the kids, or their parents, or both...then im the bad guy.... and so on... but i feel its also a safty issue,shouldnt be kids running around wild like that..... This dosent happen alot, but every now and then someone who just has no respect or give a dang will show up and shoot with us...

Quote Originally Posted by Radar
    Anyway anyone else ever have the train on concentration derail?
    Yeah, during the 3rd round of the Deermans Triple Classic here in Missouri. Up till then I was in the running. Don't even want to think about what happened that day Staying focused is the biggest challenge sometimes.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

If I am not consentrating on shooting, I do see my scores drop....of course i forget to check the binos and forget to remember which pin to use or make the proper adjustment.....I find I start to jump the trigger on the shot also....

So to this I say...."always do what you are doing, when you are doing it".....

and as far as kids, I say leave them home until they are old enough to understand what you have to be quite and not run around means.....and I have a one year old that does not know what do not run around means....of course at that age, I wonder if any of them do? I love kids, but league night is not were they belong......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    If I am not consentrating on shooting, I do see my scores drop....of course i forget to check the binos and forget to remember which pin to use or make the proper adjustment.....I find I start to jump the trigger on the shot also....

So to this I say...."always do what you are doing, when you are doing it".....

and as far as kids, I say leave them home until they are old enough to understand what you have to be quite and not run around means.....and I have a one year old that does not know what do not run around means....of course at that age, I wonder if any of them do? I love kids, but league night is not were they belong......
    I find myself torquing the bow more when I "space out". and then I start concentrating even more then normal, getting tense, and then I punch the release... I need to find my happy place and STAY THERE

I find myself shooting better if I am having fun. if i am to serious, my scores seem to drop thru a black hole.
    Mathews!!
    vibracheck stabilizers
    carbon express
    steiner optics
    custom bow equipment

I knew I wan'nt the only one, but reading it from others helps a little more I think
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Still does not make it o.k.
    I cut things up and split them down!

was at a 3d shoot 2 weeks ago and shot the first half with a bunch of my dads friends shot a 165 outta 200 in the first 20 targets the second half they all left and it was me my dad and my sister i shot a 193 outta 200 in the 2nd half
    i let his friends distract me in the first half