You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Anatomy of Aerovane II

I come up with the diagram, please help me to know if this make sense. I am new to this too. So I would not be offended if you tell me this do not make sense or straight out wrong. That is why I post it here so I can learn more and make it better before I decide to use it as an ad!

Anatomy of Aerovane II - Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

It would be interesting to see wat a vane would do if it had an integral NACA duct built into it.
    Might make the vane too thick to be practical for some rests though. Could be a good idea for indoor shooting with drop away rests...

Hummm.....

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Default the wind channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    It would be interesting to see wat a vane would do if it had an integral NACA duct built into it.
    Might make the vane too thick to be practical for some rests though. Could be a good idea for indoor shooting with drop away rests...
    Ron
    The aerovane II does have a very interesting wind channel. By the way, we have them in stock as of this morning. We also offer a trail pack for $6.00 which include 6 vanes, the tool, shipping and handling.

http://shop.firenock.com
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

Ok here's my take on the diagram.. I am gonna shoot it to ya straight cause that is what ya asked for..

I had absolutely no idea what you were trying to point out with the blue lines marked A,B,C, and D until I studied this diagram a little harder and saw a referrence to the letters in the second set photos. You should show the vane length and height measurements in the same drawing (represented by the red lines)

The whole thing is rerally busy in my opinion. Remember the average archer is going to be looking at this and the simpler you can keep your drawing and still get your point across the better.

I would recomend losing some of the bullet points you have pointing to different places on the vane and put a short paragraph explaining the important features of your design at the bottom of the page.

One other thing that is really not communicated here and this could be an addition to your narrative. Just what exactly the archer should expect from this vane? Tighter groups do to increased spin? Flatter shooting arrows due to reduced drag? See what I am getting at here?

Bottom line keep it simple as you can while still communicating the highlights of your product. Hope this helps...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder