You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOYT Defiant

Default HOYT Defiant

Can someone tell me what year a HOYT Defiant was built. I am looking at a used target bow but owner don't know age.
    Thanks

Jerry Whittington

my father in law has one...im wanting to say 1999 or there abouts...fast bow

I bought mine new in 1996.

I had one must aleast 10 to 15 years old.

I think ??? the striker took its place. might be wrong

Default value

What are they worth in good shape? Parts available?

It was '95 or '96 when I bought mine; loved that bow.
    As for parts?? I don't think Hoyt keeps parts on hand for vintage bows. You may be relegated to classifieds and e-bay for that.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    Can someone tell me what year a HOYT Defiant was built. I am looking at a used target bow but owner don't know age.
    Thanks
    you got a pic???

wasnt that bow made at the same timeout as the Havoc??
    I cut things up and split them down!

I haven't seen it yet. No picture. The guys getting a divorce and selling off stuff. Should see it by mid week.

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    What are they worth in good shape? Parts available?
    100 - 150 is all that i would expect it to be worth

Hoyt made the Defiant in 1995-1996, but also made a new Defiant in around 2000-2001. A pic would help determine which defiant it is.
    Athens Accomplice 34
    Extreme RT900
    Self Appointed Captain of Team Athens NJ

Quote Originally Posted by chuck7413 View Post
    Hoyt made the Defiant in 1995-1996, but also made a new Defiant in around 2000-2001. A pic would help determine which defiant it is.
    yup......should be able to tell by the limbs that are on it.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

The defiant was made in many configurations. I have one with XT 2000 limbs and the redline single cam. They're on-line info does'nt scratch the surface. You can find versa, command, or redline cams in various on-line classifieds and auctions. They also made them with other limbs.
    FBSA Member

I don't even know what is on it yet. I will see it one day this week. It is at the sheriffs dept. right now. I found out about it from this guys friend that works with me. I want to get a target rig without breaking the bank.

The one I had from the mid '90s had the anodized camo on the riser with solid limbs and the command cams. It was a GREAT bow, for it's time, but these days I wouldn't expect to pay much more than a hundred for one.

Ted

Default Carbonite or XT2000

I owned both the 96 Hoyt Defiant and the 2000 Hoyt Defiant.

Like was mentioned, you only need to know their limbs to know what year your Defiant is. If your not familiar with their limbs, are the limbs narrow and flat (rectangular looking) or narrow (squared) but I'd imagine they'd have the name on them. They are either Carbonite (95-96) or XT2000 (2000).

I loved both bows. I had the 96 shooting just over 300 fps at 70 lbs, 29" draw with ACC 3-49's. Now remember, that was in 96 when we had to tweak to achieve 300fps.

http://www.hoyt.com/customer_service...une_charts.php

This will help some. Need to know the limbs or the cam (s) on it and go from there.

Hi guys. This is my first post and I know I am digging up a very old thread here, but I just got one of these bows, many of you seem to know a ton about it, and I need to learn as much as I can about it. I tried learning over on archerytalk.com only to get beat up pretty bad about buying and owning an older bow. I am brand new to archery, want to shoot spots and outdoor target, and didn't want to drop a bankload on my first bow before I knew this was something I wanted to stick with. Since I got into this cheap, it's gonna be easier to convince my better half that a Matthews Conquest Apex is totally reasonable come summer's end if I should stick with this new hobby.

I bought this bow for $100 with the accessories on it, and it needs new strings and cables that a local small shop owner said he'd hook it up with along with a good peep, kisser button, D-loop, color matched 2 tone strings, etc...all for under $70. He also said he'd tune it for free, teach me how to shoot it properly, and let me use his range any time I want for free. All I know about it is that it was listed as a "Hoyt Fastflite." I looked at it, and it is in superb shape, not a ding or scratch on it, and was used by a competition shooter who got out of the game some time ago. I did some research and found out it is a Hoyt Defiant in purple wild thing colors with Fastflite limbs. It is set for 60-70lb draw load ( I plan on setting it at 60), 30" draw length, has cams labeled 3T and 3B, and modules labeled C. I talked to an Ebay seller who told me they are likely Master cams, but that Hoyt used to label lots of their cams "3", "4", etc. until they started getting more specific shortly after this bow was made. I needed to get my draw length down to 28", and he didn't have the right modules, but he said he could sell me some "M2" master cams that would work with my current modules and get my draw length correct with a 65% letoff. It came with a medicine stone 1 pin sight system, an overdraw with gold premier rest, and the factory polished stabilizer, along with a T release, some wax, and some spare bits and pieces. I want to say this is a '96 Defiant but it's build year is not labeled anywhere, and I don't know the difference between that and a '00 for example. If you could please look at the pics, and with the limited information I posted above, tell me everything you could possibly know from a stats and technical aspect about this bow (other than that it is old and sucks and I wasted my moneyd like the AT guys did). I'd also like to know about potential upgrades for this thing, like some of you have mentioned split-limb XT2000 limbs or better cams were available on the newer defiants, and I don't know if they'd fit this riser/pocket setup. Please do your best to educate me about my new purchase and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Oh, I didn't get the case with it, but the shop I found is gonna hook me up with a hard case for nothing

AT THIS TIME SPAM BLOCKER IS HOLDING BACK MY PICS, but please feel free to post any info you can about Hoyt Defiants until I get the pics up.

I think there was a Defiant with several limb/cam config. and a Defiant II which was a completely different bow. I had a 95-96? Defiant, well made but heavy.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

I saw the pics you posted on AT and it is one of the original Defiants.
    Whether it is 95 or 96 won't really matter very much as I don't think there was a difference in the manufacture.
    First off, I don't know if swapping from the fast flight limbs to the XT series is feasible, but I really wouldn't worry about it. That bow was and is a shooter, in my opinion. With the master cams on it I think you would be very pleased with the performance. Yes, it is old tech, but that doesn't mean bad, just old.
    If there are no limb issues with it, new string/cable set and the right draw length, I really don't feel you would have anything to worry about.

I say get her fixed up to fit you and have fun. Don't let the age of it be a worry.
    Learn to shoot with it, and if and when you decide to upgrade you will still have a fine back-up waiting.