You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Cool prizes at 3-d shoots....

Whats the coolest prize you have won at a 3d shoot....everyone gets trophys and stuff of the such but what are some of the more usefull things you have gotten.....

Last week we went to the Frost Valley YMCA 3-d shoot in Clarryville NY....
    get this I went and got the mail yestarday and guess what myself and my shooting partner tied for second place.....they gave us each a certificate and a bottle of (made on premisis) maple syrup....Man they must know how much I love my pancakes...and w/real maple syrup.....

I also like getting clothing Items for prizes....one cant have too many t-shirts you know.
    I cut things up and split them down!

I'll let you know when I start shooting more shoots and get a little better.

"HONDA"

Default Ghillie suit

I got it at the Midwest Archery Championship shoot last year. Not because of how I shot But because it was a door prize. Pretty cool though its an archers Ghillie coat so it has short sleeves and you just trim it so it does'nt go into the string. Made the trip worth while since I shot horrible and it was the first time my wife ever came to an actual 3D shoot with me talk about feeling like an @$*.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Talking 3d Prizes

I won a combo Muley/elk hunt as a door prize at Lawrence county bowhunters(SO IND) in the late 70's. Trophys are nice, but I ended up giving them to our local clubs for reuse Won a nice plaque at the McDonald Douglas Bowhunters who care shoot. I think I might still have it somewhere
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

You know I'am really don't care too much about prizes at most shoots. The hardware is nice to walk away with at some of the bigger shoots for sure. But one thing most need to do, and I'am amazed at how many DON'T, is to make sure that every kid (12 and under) walks away with something in their hand. The heck with everything else, we have to keep the kids interested and it's a big thing for them to get something. Only we can take care of the next generation of archers and bowhunters.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

I agree with mobowman. At our club all pee-wees gets a metal. We support all kids that come to our club. As to what is the best prize that I have won at a shoot. I win it at every shoot that I go to. I dont care about the trophys. What I enjoy is getting to do what I love to do every weekend. Get away from all the pressures in life and forget everything for a few hours and sling some arrows and hope I hit in the kill zone. The people I get to meet and call friends from then on is priceless. And we should not forget to thank the troops that put their lives on the line everyday so we can do this great sport in this great country. Those are my trophys and like I said I win at every shoot. I think this is a great site. So Chris keep up the good work. Thanks for letting me put my opinon on this site.

Tom

Its good to give the kids something for sure! Our club for monetary reasons did away with giving prizes a couple of years ago. We caught so much flak from people it was'nt funny. Instead of trophies our club gave out coins (Troy ounces and others)and people loved em. and when they did away with prizes we gave out free shoots for any of our tourneys. You would not believe how many grown men would say stuff and whine about not getting anything. Things were said in front of me because I am not sure people figured since I was young that I was not on the board or had anything to do with the club. I would just smile. Well we started giving awards (Coins) back out this winter and all through out the summer and now things are better.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I won a small bronze colored statue of an Indian with a recurve at full draw and a wolf laying on the ground next to him. I'm not sure why the Indian and wolf were put together (both hunters/predators, maybe?). It was much different and better than the plaques and trophies normally given out.
    Home-a-lite
    "Doing the best I can....AT ALL TIMES!"

Hunting:
    02 Mighty Mite 27'' 72lbs
    Beman Matrix 468gr. 255fps

Target:
    04 Protec 27.5'' 70lbs
    GT Pro22 349gr. 260fps