You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Arrows that will work best for my bow

Hi all I bought a 07 Guardian a few months few months ago and I am wondering which would be the best arrow for my bow? I have a 27In draw length and I have it at 60 lbs. I grew up shooting Eastons and I have been out of the bow scene for a long time. I am hearing alot of good things about Gold Tips, Carbon Express, I am also wondering if Easton is still making good arrows especially good carbon ones?

Default Goldtip XT Hunter arrow

Very affordable. Tough as nails arrow.

If you stay with a 100grn or 125 grn in the front.

55/75 XT .400 spine arrow would do you fine.

I shoot Blazer vanes on mine. Here a few pictures.

All four arrows in this picture went through deer and still can be shot.

Notice one went through a shoulder.

I use these in the state broadhead tournaments as well. Here just one of the shots from the tournament I won. They fly awesome. The arrow crested with white nock is mine. 20 targets, 12 heart shots at unknown distance. Montec Broadheads also helped alot.

By the way. Bowtech Gaurdian a nice bow.

Arrows that will work best for my bow - General Archery Forum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-31-2009 at 08:14 AM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

What are you going to be doing with them? Hunting/backyard shooting? 3-D? I shoot Easton Axis and Epics for hunting, and Lightspeeds for 3-D. I have no complaints, and the last time I checked, they were still made in the USA.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Carbon Force X-Weaves are fantastic arrows. Be sure to check them out. I think the 200's would work for your setup. But have them check the charts.

"HONDA"

Paul,
    I am planning on doing 3D shoots, hunting for Deer and Elk. I am looking on my Birth Certificate for my bow and it says I need 350 grain arrows what exactly does that mean? I am seeing 340s on Epics and Axis but no 350's. As you can see I am pretty new to Carbon
    Last edited by New bowhunter; 01-31-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New bowhunter View Post
    Paul,
    I am planning on doing 3D shoots, hunting for Deer and Elk. I am looking on my Birth Certificate for my bow and it says I need 350 grain arrows what exactly does that mean? I am seeing 340s on Epics and Axis but no 350's. As you can see I am pretty new to Carbon
    340's is to determine spine. You need an arrow weighing 350 total grains including tip. Your bow is probably a 70# bow. You always need to shoot an arrow weighing 5grains per pound of draw. Or you take the chance of damaging your limbs. Unless you shoot a High Country then its just some crazy numbers. Good luck.

"HONDA"

Yep, your bow was tested using a 350gr. arrow, meaning more than likely you have a 70lber. Like Hoosier said, 340 indicates spine, as does 400, 500, etc. 340 is a heavier spined arrow, the higher the number, the lower the spine. If you are shooting your bow at 60lbs, and plan on keeping it that way, a 400 spine would be a good start. if you adjust up twards 70lbs, and stiffer spine(340) will be better IMO. At 60lbs, you can safely shoot a 300gr. arrow, but be sure to go heavier as you increase your poundage. Good luck.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Part of the formula is also knowing the gpi of chosen arrow. I shoot a easton st axis 400. It weighs 9.0 gpi. Multiplied by my 29.5" shaft gives me a arrow weighing 266. Plus a 100 gr. tip totals to 366 @ 70lbs. Tweak what you want from there. Get to light and you WILL shatter limbs. Personally a bit heavier equals better penetration. Trade a little speed for a pass thru kill I say.

Default Thank You

Hi all Thank you all very much for the information, as you can see I am pretty new to Carbon.
    Last edited by New bowhunter; 02-01-2009 at 03:06 AM.

Default Only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by New bowhunter View Post
    Hi all Thank you all very much for the information, as you can see I am pretty new to Carbon.

Good Luck. Lots of good arrows on the market today.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Carbon Express Maxima series
    26" 250 shafts with nock, insert, 100 grain tip, bull dog nock collar(comes with the shafts). will be about 311.5 grains.
    27" 250 shafts with nock, insert, 100 grain tip, bull dog collar. will be about 318.8 grains. Your arrow should be around 270-280fps

PSE Radial X weave
    26" 200 shafts with nock, insert, 100 grain tip should be around 318.7 grains
    27" 200 shafts with nock, insert, 100 grain tip should be around 324.2 grains
    With these arrows you can expect arrow speeds in the 270-280 fps aswell
    scott's string shooting staff
    mathews conq apex
    doinker stabilizer
    g5 expert I rest
    carbon express maxima