You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Off the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I can get to nearly 40 if my back is up against the neighbor's fence....

It's a ligitimate 10/20/30 though.

I just replaced the cover on the yellow jacket so it's looking nice and pretty.... That dumb block on teh ground to the left is a Wallyworld special. Works fine shooting into it but you need heavy equipment to pull your arrows out. I hardly ever shoot it now. It was a waste of $30.... The price sounded too good to be true, and it's proven just that...

Ron
    I have a couple of those wallyworld targets, same issue the arrows are not easy to pull. My yellowjacket has a million holes in it. Was the bag hard to change?

Quote Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
    I have a couple of those wallyworld targets, same issue the arrows are not easy to pull. My yellowjacket has a million holes in it. Was the bag hard to change?
    No it's very simple and it only cost me about $15. I slipped the old target right into the new bag without taking the old cover off.
    I just had to step on the bag to get it back into shape since it was really beat up and stuffing was coming out of holes in the back...

They give you small zip ties to close the bottom of the bag once you get it pulled over the old target. I've had that target for about 3+ years now. Still going strong with that face lift.

That Wallyworld target has not been shot at much really. I need to 'donate' it to somebody and let them wrestle with it. The Rinehart 18-1 hanging above the bag on the other hand is pretty nice. I have shot the daylights out of that thing and it just continues to take a beating. I flipped it around before I took the pic to get a shot of the best side but the only thing that's wrong with it after 2 years is that when an arrow hits the painted marks it will make a dark spot where the paint gets damaged. The foam is self-healing.

Those targets are about $90 around here and worth every penny in my opinion. I'll probably have that target for the rest of my life, unless somebody steals it from the yard. There's no fence.... Not that a fence would stop them anyway...

I should probably put a clip/carabiner on there and bring it in the garage when I'm done shooting and leave it in there so it doesn't 'walk' away on me....

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 02-04-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Off the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    No it's very simple and it only cost me about $15. I slipped the old target right into the new bag without taking the old cover off.
    I just had to step on the bag to get it back into shape since it was really beat up and stuffing was coming out of holes in the back...

They give you small zip ties to close the bottom of the bag once you get it pulled over the old target. I've had that target for about 3+ years now. Still going strong with that face lift.

That Wallyworld target has not been shot at much really. I need to 'donate' it to somebody and let them wrestle with it. The Rinehart 18-1 hanging above the bag on the other hand is pretty nice. I have shot the daylights out of that thing and it just continues to take a beating. I flipped it around before I took the pic to get a shot of the best side but the only thing that's wrong with it after 2 years is that when an arrow hits the painted marks it will make a dark spot where the paint gets damaged. The foam is self-healing.

Those targets are about $90 around here and worth every penny in my opinion. I'll probably have that target for the rest of my life, unless somebody steals it from the yard. There's no fence.... Not that a fence would stop them anyway...

I should probably put a clip/carabiner on there and bring it in the garage when I'm done shooting and leave it in there so it doesn't 'walk' away on me....

Ron

I am going to order a bag from my target. I was afraid it had to be sown on or something like that.

Another thing I do with my range is put sticks in the ground and put empty plastic drink bottles on them right at ground level. I shoot at these with flu flu arrows. The grandkids call it rabbit huntin. When you hit one it goes flying.