You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: quick question

arrow splitting expert Robinhooder3's Avatar

Default quick question

I'm about to go to a 3d shoot on the 15th and I really want to use my fobs but here is the problem. If I take my fobs would they get beaten up and broke or be just fine what are your guy's experience with taking fobs to 3d shoots THANKS! need to know asap so that if they will I can start practicing with my blazers.
    Hoyt 05 pro elite xt 3000 limbs cam and a half.
    prostaff member of Moythewstech the inovater of the revolutionary singlebinary and a half cam system and the shoothroughultrathincenterpivot riser.

They'd get beaten and broke up if you were shooting with me and you were hitting X's.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Default No help

Shoot the Blazers and you will be fine.

I have fobs and they shoot great. But they really wouldnt be fair to other shooters. Because hitting them would be to easily done. Never in all my years have I seen someone shoot them in 3d.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post

I have fobs and they shoot great. But they really wouldnt be fair to other shooters. Because hitting them would be to easily done. Never in all my years have I seen someone shoot them in 3d.
    DB

DB, are you meaning deflecting shots off of there mark? I don't shoot fobs
    but am just curious.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Default Fobs

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    DB, are you meaning deflecting shots off of there mark? I don't shoot fobs
    but am just curious.

Hard plastic sticking out from the arrow with the FOB. It would cause great deflection for other arrows. Yes that exactly what Im saying
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I would use the FOBs because my arrows never end up around the 10 ring.

"HONDA"

I like FOBs as well and they work great for hunting, but they were designed for broadheads, I have used them on 5 spot for indoors but would never use them for 3d for the exact reason DB stated. Nothing is as aggravating as getting thrown out of the X and ending up with a 5 or an 8.

but the biggest problem is ever since I've got them my scores have improved dramatics I feel that they really help.
    prostaff member of Moythewstech the inovater of the revolutionary singlebinary and a half cam system and the shoothroughultrathincenterpivot riser.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhooder3 View Post
    but the biggest problem is ever since I've got them my scores have improved dramatics I feel that they really help.
    What class do you plan to shoot? If your shooting an IBO tournament you can't shoot thos in the hunter or advanced hunter class. So I am pretty sure you would end up in open class which is gonna put you at the 50 yard line on some of your shots.

Honestly if I was going to have to shoot with a guy with fobs and he could shoot decent and the groups were assigned by the club. I would either ask to be assigned to another group or take my stuff and go home. With IBO's new ruling about striking an arrow and scoring it where it sticks anybody shooting with a fob shooter does not have a fair chance... But that's just my opinion...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

well I'm shooting young adult bowhunter freestyle but I don't want to be an
    a-hole to everyone else so I'll practice with my blazers. thanks for the replys.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    What class do you plan to shoot? If your shooting an IBO tournament you can't shoot thos in the hunter or advanced hunter class. So I am pretty sure you would end up in open class which is gonna put you at the 50 yard line on some of your shots.

Honestly if I was going to have to shoot with a guy with fobs and he could shoot decent and the groups were assigned by the club. I would either ask to be assigned to another group or take my stuff and go home. With IBO's new ruling about striking an arrow and scoring it where it sticks anybody shooting with a fob shooter does not have a fair chance... But that's just my opinion...
    But I never turn in my scorecard so I would shoot them in Bowhunter and just make guys like you cuss alot.

"HONDA"

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I usually shoot for fun, and it would be fun to shoot at those FOB's. I bet they make a spectacular noise when they fly apart.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

well I feel really stupid right now but can't I just shoot last in the group once the others are done?

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhooder3 View Post
    well I feel really stupid right now but can't I just shoot last in the group once the others are done?
    In the group I shoot with, we cycle through who shoots first, that way everyone gets a chance to shoot a clean target first, and gets a chance to not use someone else's arrows as a point of reference for their shot. I guess you could shoot last if everyone in your group is OK with it, but what will happen to a FOB if your arrow strikes very close to someone else's arrow already in the target? Will it still break? I am under the impression that what makes the FOB fall off the shaft is an even push all around (like when the arrow passes through an animal), not sure how it will respond to a one sided contact. Also, what Organization are you shooting (ASA, IBO)? With IBO, the FOBS are going to put you in the open class, are you OK with that?
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

A picture to help with what happens to the FOB when arrows get close to it. All the FOBs were reusable and just got pushed back onto the arrows after this target was shot.

quick question - General Archery Forum
    By ace7038

The blue FOB was the first arrow I shot into the target.
    Mathews Switchback 63# 29"
    Victory Arrows and FOBs!

i've shot a few groups with them before and they pop off with uneven pressure but the statement about reference is true though also. I think they would be more willing to shoot first than to get the arrows deflected though so I'll take em and see what happens.

Shoot Straight

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post

DB
    Hey DB I am leaning your way on this but did you see in the k45 class in Gainesville there was at least one shooter using FOBs. I think especially in that class the FOBs are bad news for other shooters.