You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Benton, Ky
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Seen, smelled, touched and shot one or three. I currently have two GTO's.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter

  2. #22
    Senior Member Archerdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    896

    Default

    bought one of the e-500 when they first came out. i sold it because the shop i bought it from wasn't going to carry them anymore.
    i liked the bow, nice grip, loved the camo
    and it shot well.
    i had the smooth mods on it and it was shooting a 358 grain arrow at 285 at 28 inches and 57 pounds i think it was.
    here is a pic of me with it.
    this was at the state asa shoot at turnpike archery about 3 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #23
    Senior Member hunter2678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    644

    Default

    I shot a buddies Z28...and a GT500 at a local shop that is no longer in business...too hard to find around my area...my main shop had a big shipment of them scheduled to come in last summer..but they showed up 4 months later so my shop shipped them back and wont do business with them anymore.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

  4. #24
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archerdad View Post
    bought one of the e-500 when they first came out. i sold it because the shop i bought it from wasn't going to carry them anymore.
    i liked the bow, nice grip, loved the camo
    and it shot well.
    i had the smooth mods on it and it was shooting a 358 grain arrow at 285 at 28 inches and 57 pounds i think it was.
    here is a pic of me with it.
    this was at the state asa shoot at turnpike archery about 3 years ago.
    kicking yourself over that one still?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  5. #25
    Senior Member Big Ben 75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green Ky
    Posts
    268

    Default

    I went ahead and went today to look at the elite bows. The only one he had left was the XLR loved it,it was like butter so smooth can't wait to shoot the GT 500. hope it comes in soon

  6. #26
    At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon above VA
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    seen, fondled, touched, rubbed, felt up, and slept with a GT500.....

    VERY NICE BOW.......only thing I didnt like was the STIFF DRAW
    You thought the draw was stiff? What Mathews are you comparing it to??
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?


  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    I have had my XLR for almost 4 weeks and really like the way it aims and shoots

  8. #28
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    You thought the draw was stiff? What Mathews are you comparing it to??
    any bow that ibo's at 340+ has a stiff draw, IMO......

  9. #29
    At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon above VA
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    any bow that ibo's at 340+ has a stiff draw, IMO......
    I know its all personal preference. I would agree that my x-forces and the 82nd all had stiff draws. I thought the GT500 was buttery smooth. Then again I guess if I'm used to the X-forces, the GT500 would be buttery. And if Bunny is used to shooting a single cam Mathews then the GT500 would be stiff.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?


  10. #30
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    I know its all personal preference. I would agree that my x-forces and the 82nd all had stiff draws. I thought the GT500 was buttery smooth. Then again I guess if I'm used to the X-forces, the GT500 would be buttery. And if Bunny is used to shooting a single cam Mathews then the GT500 would be stiff.
    a draw can be stiff and smooth at the same time..... stiffness to me means how much hummpff it takes to get it back. smooth means there are no humps in the draw curve. again, just my opinion.....

  11. #31
    Senior Member hunter2678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Usually,.. single cam only shooters think most binaries or hybrids are "harsh"..
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

  12. #32
    At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon above VA
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    a draw can be stiff and smooth at the same time..... stiffness to me means how much hummpff it takes to get it back. smooth means there are no humps in the draw curve. again, just my opinion.....
    I agree with smooth having no humps.(My X-forces and Hoyts roll over a hump into letoff) I just didn't feel the GT500 load up like my X's do. For that matter when I first shot the X-force I would have swore the draw weight was about 6-8 lbs heavier then it actually was. After shooting them I don't even notice it. The Gt500 felt very easy.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?


  13. #33
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Justin lives too far away. But I sure would love to shoot a GTO.


    "HONDA"

  14. #34
    He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    my den
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Justin lives too far away. But I sure would love to shoot a GTO.
    Me too. They don't make them anymore, so they are pretty scarce. I did shoot a friends and loved it. I've been hunting for one ever since.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

    Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Southernfryedyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    955

    Default

    I got my Elite Z28 sight unseen from JCMorgan and I couldnt be happier.
    Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

    http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
    http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html

  16. #36
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    You thought the draw was stiff? What Mathews are you comparing it to??
    Draw length was perfect, and it was the stiffest drawing 55lbs, I ever pulled.....

  17. #37
    Senior Member Archerdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    kicking yourself over that one still?
    yes and no. i would liked to have stuck with it, but if you can't get any warranty work done i was scared to keep it.

  18. #38
    At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon above VA
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Draw length was perfect, and it was the stiffest drawing 55lbs, I ever pulled.....
    May you should lift a few more weights and a few less Skittles.....











    Just Kidding
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?


  19. #39
    Member cboutin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    JOHNSON,VT
    Posts
    48

    Default

    My Pro- shop (LL Cote in Errol,NH) just got some in I haven't shot them yet but I want to the next time I go in
    Mike Wieck Sales Shooting Staff
    TRU Ball Shooting Staff , LL Cote Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
    Level 2 Instructor,Bowhunter Ed Instructor
    Vt,NH, & CT ASA State Rep

  20. #40
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Give em a shot

    Quote Originally Posted by cboutin View Post
    My Pro- shop (LL Cote in Errol,NH) just got some in I haven't shot them yet but I want to the next time I go in
    I really like my XLR and GT500. Shot a good round for me last night.

    300 55X with the XLR. Let me know what you think!

    The few bad shots there are from me getting sighted in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Similar Threads

  1. The Shot
    By BowhuntnHoosier in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. Would you have shot?
    By Hook Em in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 08:37 AM
  3. Ultra Elite or the Vantage Pro Elite
    By OrthoPT in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
  4. Elite GT500 vs Elite synergy
    By scottk517 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 01:40 PM
  5. Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite
    By Neuralgia in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •