You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hypothetical Question

You walk into a bow shop. On the way in you see a sign on the door that states if you break it you buy it. You duely note the sign and continue in. After looking at several bows you find one that you would like to shoot. Talk to the store owner and he gets you set up with a demo bow and walks you out to the range. On you third shot the top limb splinters and the bow disinigrates in your hands. The shop owner looks at you and says wow! It looks like you just bought your self a ne bow.

Would you pay for it???
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poorman View Post
    You walk into a bow shop. On the way in you see a sign on the door that states if you break it you buy it. You duely note the sign and continue in. After looking at several bows you find one that you would like to shoot. Talk to the store owner and he gets you set up with a demo bow and walks you out to the range. On you third shot the top limb splinters and the bow disinigrates in your hands. The shop owner looks at you and says wow! It looks like you just bought your self a ne bow.

Would you pay for it???
    No Way, not if he was watching me shoot it. If I was using it correctly under normal use and the limb splintered it should be under warranty. Not to mention if you were using it incorrectly and he was watching, he should have stopped and corrected you.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

No way would I pay for it. The only way I could be held liable is if I set the bow up myself. Otherwise the shop owner or his employee set the bow up and could have caused the malfunction. Or it came from the manufactur
    with a defect.
    Mike from Maine
    John 3:16
    Hoyt Katera 2008.

Default Not a chance in Hades

I would certainly not pay for the bow that he had me using under his supervision. That sign, to my understanding, is directed at you if you are handling the products without the supervision of the shop employees. If they do not know enough to prevent you from damagaing what shoud be new equipment they need to find another line of work. Furthermore I believe that Looney is correct in that the bows would be under warrenty so that the owner would simply send it back to the manufacturer. Oh and i would certainly not buy a bow from that store or manufacturer ever again.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

Default Todays Bows

Have warrantys that cover things like this. It isnt the bow shop owner fault either.

It does happen. Most shop owners would never try and make you pay for it.

But they certianly could say its a warranty issue.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

"you broke it you bought it......."

whats good for one is good for the other......

people need to be held accountable......

the rule was posted and you choose to continue using said equipment.....

Default I realize what you're getting at....

So let me put it to you this way....

Let's say you have 25-30 people walking around with bows in their hand. You are the only person there and you a trying your best to watch each and every person. Although you thought you had a good eye on everyone a customer walks up to you with a bow that has a cracked limb. Then what?

See the scenario you presented and the one involving your son are at two different ends of the spectrum. Apples to oranges if you will.

Now if your son had been at one on one marraca lessons then I think the situation would be different.

It certainly was a great effort to try and make a comparison, unfortunately it was way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    So let me put it to you this way....

Let's say you have 25-30 people walking around with bows in their hand. You are the only person there and you a trying your best to watch each and every person. Although you thought you had a good eye on everyone a customer walks up to you with a bow that has a cracked limb. Then what?

See the scenario you presented and the one involving your son are at two different ends of the spectrum. Apples to oranges if you will.

Now if your son had been at one on one marraca lessons then I think the situation would be different.

It certainly was a great effort to try and make a comparison, unfortunately it was way off base.

I dont believe that it is off base. The rule states.... If you break it you buy it!

Lets say that you 25 to 30 kids walking around with instuments of all kinds. You are trying your best to watch all of them to insure that nothing gets broken. But at the end of the music session one of the children brings you a broken instrument. What then??? Same exact scenarion in my opinion.

The difference is your dealing with an adult that will have the ability to argue with you and explain the various reasons as to why it happened.

IMO......"You break it, you buy it" only applies if you intentionally or accidently do something that causes the damage. Correctly shooting a bow that has an unknown flaw should be exempt from that policy.

So to answer your question, No way!
    Crackerized '09 Rytera Alien-X, Easton ACC 3-49's, Sword Twilight Hunter, NAP Hellrazer 100gr
    Martin/Rytera Archery Pro Staff;Sword Acu-Site Shooting Staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff; Paradigm Archery Staff; Vapor Trail Pro Staff

I dont believe that it is off base. The rule states.... If you break it you buy it!

Lets say that you 25 to 30 kids walking around with instuments of all kinds. You are trying your best to watch all of them to insure that nothing gets broken. But at the end of the music session one of the children brings you a broken instrument. What then??? Same exact scenarion in my opinion.

The difference is your dealing with an adult that will have the ability to argue with you and explain the various reasons as to why it happened.
    If you think your scenario with the bow is the same as what happened in the classroom, then there is no sense in reasoning with you.

Send me your Paypal addy and I will send you $10 and this can be swept under the rug. You keep saying that the money isn't the issue, but I sense that maybe it is.

Let me try and explain this again. Your scenario would be more in line if your son had been at one on one marraca lessons and the marraca broke while he was under direct supervision of the teacher. It would also have had to been a defect in the marraca. This is would be more like your bow scenario. And if this was the case. Under these circumstances I beleive that the teacher would not be asking for anything. I hope now you can see the difference in the two.

BTW, in this scenario. The student has to pay for it. Just like you did.

So this is more about arguing than following the rules. Kind of like trying to justify speeding, or not wearing a seatbelt. Hey I know. maybe we should have a trial by jury everytime a student breaks a rule. That way we can insure there is justice.

If you think your scenario with the bow is the same as what happened in the classroom, then there is no sense in reasoning with you.

Send me your Paypal addy and I will send you $10 and this can be swept under the rug. You keep saying that the money isn't the issue, but I sense that maybe it is.

Let me try and explain this again. Your scenario would be more in line if your son had been at one on one marraca lessons and the marraca broke while he was under direct supervision of the teacher. It would also have had to been a defect in the marraca. This is would be more like your bow scenario. And if this was the case. Under these circumstances I beleive that the teacher would not be asking for anything. I hope now you can see the difference in the two.
    Well I do believe it is the same. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

But you offering to give me the 10.00 to sweep it under the rug is a problem in my opinion and partially the reason I feel the way I do about this, and our society as a whole. Its always easier just to throw money at something and forget it ever happened then to ask questions and determine what is actually wrong or right or the reason behind it. ITS NOT THE MONEY. ITS THE PRINCIPAL.

ITS NOT THE MONEY. ITS THE PRINCIPAL.
    some people dont have principal's, or ideals.......

what do we expect? JUST THROW MONEY AT THE PROBLEM, it will go away....

So how did it get broke? Have you not been able to find that out yet? The teacher said she would meet with you if you wanted to. Why have you not scheduled a meeting? Or called? If you were so concerned about it, I would have thought you would have had a meeting by now.

You're right this may be a big understanding. But the point is, you don't know as of right now. Maybe instead of airing you're problems on an internet forum, you should talk about it to the teacher face to face.

So how did it get broke? Have you not been able to find that out yet? The teacher said she would meet with you if you wanted to. Why have you not scheduled a meeting? Or called? If you were so concerned about it, I would have thought you would have had a meeting by now.

You're right this may be a big understanding. But the point is, you don't know as of right now. Maybe instead of airing you're problems on an internet forum, you should talk about it to the teacher face to face.

I will if I do not get a resonse from her on the "rule" the wasnt followed.

I ain't buyin no Marroca or Bow that breaks during normal use. If I am testing a bow at the shop and I am shooting it under normal circumstances then its the shop owner who will be gettin the bow fixed and then selling it to someone else. If I do something wrong like forget to nock an arrow then ok I would buy it buy if not then. I say NO WAY also. And I think the owner who tried to make me would probably have a little problem on his hands.

"HONDA"

break this down for a' real world ' look at this, its my opinion that unless you (YOU) already had a good standing relationship with this teacher, there is a real good chance that as you meet with her and air your feelings about this whole deal, there is gonna be a checkmark next to your boys name in the back of her head for a good while(maraca murderer). i hope not but i think so. unless you act like a sheep and just mail a check in i dont see it going any other way. she'll probably have a huge smile on her face as she makes that mental note. if i found out my kids teacher personally paid for such items then wanted reimbursment when a real accident happens, think i would laugh in her face for even making the purchase let alone asking to be paid back.the lesson of value others things and being accountable will be taught by me with my kids because i dont want these lessons screwed up by an employee acting as steward over my child for a few hours a day.
    i wouldnt pay for the bow even if i had to shoot my way out of the shop just to get to my truck.
    i work for living, come get my money, i dare you evil shopowner .

That teacher has some stones just to send that letter.

Quote Originally Posted by the contractor View Post
    break this down for a' real world ' look at this, its my opinion that unless you (YOU) already had a good standing relationship with this teacher, there is a real good chance that as you meet with her and air your feelings about this whole deal, there is gonna be a checkmark next to your boys name in the back of her head for a good while(maraca murderer). i hope not but i think so. unless you act like a sheep and just mail a check in i dont see it going any other way. she'll probably have a huge smile on her face as she makes that mental note. if i found out my kids teacher personally paid for such items then wanted reimbursment when a real accident happens, think i would laugh in her face for even making the purchase let alone asking to be paid back.the lesson of value others things and being accountable will be taught by me with my kids because i dont want these lessons screwed up by an employee acting as steward over my child for a few hours a day.
    i wouldnt pay for the bow even if i had to shoot my way out of the shop just to get to my truck.
    i work for living, come get my money, i dare you evil shopowner .

That teacher has some stones just to send that letter.
    Thats what I am thinking. In either scenario. Its a load of crap, and to just pay the bill without questions is just plain dumb!

Thats what I am thinking. In either scenario. Its a load of crap, and to just pay the bill without questions is just plain dumb!
    So you paid it right?????

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    So you paid it right?????

Not without questions

And I think you just tryes to use my own words against me