You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Gander Mountain

Hybrid View

Default Gander Mountain

What is with them not carrying Pyrodex, Pyrodex pellets or Triple Seven pellets, They have every thing from the bullets to the primers to the guns to the scope, to all the parts to fix or clean them.

But no propellent, what kind of crap is this, Their answer.....the ATF took there licence because of the amount they could carry and if someone ever broke in they could blow things up.....

Now tell me something if you ever broke in to store like gander mountain or such......o.k. let me refrase that if you were given a shopping spree with no one else there, would the pyrodex and such be the first thing you go for????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Their answer.....the ATF took there licence because of the amount they could carry and if someone ever broke in they could blow things up.....
    I thought about this thread the other day .
    Wednessday night I was in GM in Kingston and a guy was buying a muzzleloader and he needed the whole Kit-N-Kaboodle. So they set him up soup to nuts; rifle, scope, primers, cleaning supplies, bullets, case, but no powder. When he asked why the associate told him the Ulster county "Fire Marshall" doesn't allow any store to stock it as it is "HIGH EXPLOSIVES" .

Site Guru

In PA our rules are different... you CAN sell it but it must be stored in a different area from all firearms / ammo. Most places either keep it in a safe or in a trailer outside... makes sense huh?
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    In PA our rules are different... you CAN sell it but it must be stored in a different area from all firearms / ammo. Most places either keep it in a safe or in a trailer outside... makes sense huh?
    You can sell it in NY also, GM and Walmart are about the only 2 that don't. The thing I thought was funny was everyone you ask why has a different reason why they can't. Why not just say it's store policy? Also the GM in Middletown, NY started selling AR-15's but w/ 5 rnd mags. In NY we have a 5 rnd limit on hunting mags, and GM has a policy not to sell assault weapons like the mag makes the difference. It's all crap. They sell crossBOWS and we can't hunt with them, so what difference does an assault weapon make. They just need to get their stories straight.
    Just my .02
    Ed

I think the Fed gov and the ATF set the rules, i know their are strict rules about storing bp in bulk, as it is considerd a high explosive, i would think it would be the same rules for every state, but im sure some areas will give some excuse as to why they dont sell it. Ive also heard rumors that bp has a tracer chemical in it, so if they find any residue, they can test it, find out what lot of bp it was, and find the stores that sold that spicific lot.

the reason I have been givin as of late is that they want to put it out on the shelf like everything else and it is required that they keep it in a wooden box as wooded boxes will not build up the pressure and explode like metal.....they dont want to be bothered......

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I thought about this thread the other day .
    Wednessday night I was in GM in Kingston and a guy was buying a muzzleloader and he needed the whole Kit-N-Kaboodle. So they set him up soup to nuts; rifle, scope, primers, cleaning supplies, bullets, case, but no powder. When he asked why the associate told him the Ulster county "Fire Marshall" doesn't allow any store to stock it as it is "HIGH EXPLOSIVES" .
    Brokenarrow, i was at gm the other day and noticed the ar-15s, that something we dont need being sold around here. But you cant buy powder!!!
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Quote Originally Posted by papito View Post
    Brokenarrow, i was at gm the other day and noticed the ar-15s, that something we dont need being sold around here. But you cant buy powder!!!
    I don't have a problem w/ AR's, I had one and will own another soon. We used to shoot woodchucks with them and ocaisionally shoot a target competion or two. And you can get powder at alot of small shops in the area, down by me I shop mostly at The Thruway Market. They have a good selection and they sell or can get anything you want firearm related, their archery stuff is pretty limited but we have a couple small shops for that too. My real comment I guess is that they need to get their story straight, come up w/ an excuse and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I don't have a problem w/ AR's, I had one and will own another soon. We used to shoot woodchucks with them and ocaisionally shoot a target competion or two. And you can get powder at alot of small shops in the area, down by me I shop mostly at The Thruway Market. They have a good selection and they sell or can get anything you want firearm related, their archery stuff is pretty limited but we have a couple small shops for that too. My real comment I guess is that they need to get their story straight, come up w/ an excuse and stick to it.
    thruway sports is nice if you can get someone to help you for more than 10 seconds and if it did not take 2hours for them to come out and help you that would be helpful also.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    thruway sports is nice if you can get someone to help you for more than 10 seconds and if it did not take 2hours for them to come out and help you that would be helpful also.....
    Yeah sometimes it's alittle painful, especially when you run in on your lunch hour.