You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question 3D organizations

I'm a new member, and have been away from all archery except bowhunting for about 25 yrs. Was very active in 3D in it's infancy, but due to TP and relocating to a new job I quit shooting paper and plastic altogether. When I left, Vegas was the big professional venue and manufactures were starting to offer money at the Bowhunter Nationals for wins using their equipment. The Bowhunter Nationals had just moved to Aurora IL and cam bows were replacing round wheels.

I've been seeing a lot of info on various formats and competition organizations and am not sure what the structure looks like at the National level. I think they shoot the Buckmasters type format down south, and I am aware of the Old Nationals becoming the Triple Crown. I shot oftten at Lawrence county bowhunters at Bedford, IN

Where has the sport matured to and how are National level Tournaments organized?
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

I'm not sure if I can be of any help to you. But when I travel to shoot it's on the ASA ProAm tour. I know of shoots in Florida, Georgia, Tennesse, Virginia, Illinois. Friends of mine have also traveled to Pennsylvania and possibly Alabama for that ProAm tour.

I'm not sure how these events are organized. I would imagine ASA representatives organize the events. There are many sponsors selling equipment at the events.
    Home-a-lite
    "Doing the best I can....AT ALL TIMES!"

Hunting:
    02 Mighty Mite 27'' 72lbs
    Beman Matrix 468gr. 255fps

Target:
    04 Protec 27.5'' 70lbs
    GT Pro22 349gr. 260fps

asaarchery.com, way better National tournaments in my opinion!!

Default 3D orgs

Thanks, Went to the ASA and the IBO web sites and been doing some reading. Still don't know enough to form any firm opinions
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

Not the ASA or IBO, but a new guy is in town with the Deermans. Typically geared toward the bowhunters. The scoring system is different, and they don't reward you for wounding an animal. Scoring is 15 12 10 and a wound is a -5. Why reward a shooter in 3D for wounding an animal? Isn't it better to miss??? Great concept and big emphisis on Hunter Ethics

http://www.the3d.org/home.html

MoBowman ```--------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On