You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Central Indiana Battle of the Bows - have some questions

I got a Fall Creek schedule a few weeks ago in the mail.

They are hosting one leg of the "Central Indiana Battle of the Bows" on March 28/29. Bass N Bucks and Boondock Farms are hosting the other two legs.

IBO Rules.

Questions for those who may know -

1. Do you have to be an IBO member to shoot in this? I expect you can probably shoot the courses for fun and normal range fee. If I go though I may as well try to place for real.

2. Are these all 2 day shoots or one day shoots and you pick the day? Trying to schedule a Hunter's Ed class before spring turkey season and 3/28 is the day I can have the most help so I would rather shoot it on the 29th only.

3. If these are IBO rules, are 12 year olds still Cubs? I think so. I know 12 is youth class in NFAA but I am thinking 12 in IBO is still Cub. 25 yard max.

thanks
    bbaumer

Quote Originally Posted by bbaumer View Post
    I got a Fall Creek schedule a few weeks ago in the mail.

They are hosting one leg of the "Central Indiana Battle of the Bows" on March 28/29. Bass N Bucks and Boondock Farms are hosting the other two legs.

IBO Rules.

Questions for those who may know -

1. Do you have to be an IBO member to shoot in this? I expect you can probably shoot the courses for fun and normal range fee. If I go though I may as well try to place for real.

2. Are these all 2 day shoots or one day shoots and you pick the day? Trying to schedule a Hunter's Ed class before spring turkey season and 3/28 is the day I can have the most help so I would rather shoot it on the 29th only.

3. If these are IBO rules, are 12 year olds still Cubs? I think so. I know 12 is youth class in NFAA but I am thinking 12 in IBO is still Cub. 25 yard max.

thanks
    bbaumer
    1.) No it appears that this is just a trophy shoot and they are using IBO rules. I'll post a link to Bass and Bucks Flyer online that has the shoot prices and other info.
    2.) They have 2 days of shooting but you only need to shoot 1 score on one day or the other. But you must shoot all 3 locations to qualify for a trophy is the way I read it.
    3.)Ages 9-12 is considered Cub in the IBO.. White stake can be up to 25 yards. I don't know that I have ever seen one that far away but you should be prepared for it.

Here is a link to Bass and Bucks Schedule for this shoot. If you need further explanation call Josh at Bass and Bucks there phone number is on the Contact Us page on there website...
    http://www.bassandbucks.com/central-battle-i-29.html
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Thanks for the info Bullfiddle.

As far as 25 yards goes for Cubs, at Fall Creek regular club shoots almost every white stake is between 20 and 25 yards. At least it has been over the past 3 years.

We've shot at B&B twice. Once the Cub stakes were tough for a cub and once pretty easy so who knows there.

Never shot at Boondocks.