You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Talking Hey all you Vegas folks

I sure was hoping to hook up with some, been great to meet some of you folks here from 3D shoots.

But we diffidently met up with a lot of great folks & old friends and all in all we had a awesome week there my little sweetie would of preferred 4 days of nice sunny days but ole well we will take what we can.

I was blessed with having my whole family along Carla, Dustin, Jessica and her awesome boyfriend Duane we really had a nice time with the shooting and taking in a few shows and the gals did a little shopping and all was good.

Shooting wise I was a little hesitant, not a relaxed and trusting the shot as before after having to shoot the 2 day sectionals using someone elseís release. But the good note everyday I shot better and on Sunday I realized that I was applying way to much unnecessary tension a full draw and started to draw the bow back in a more relaxed fluid motion with a lot less pin movement so this was a big plus for myself getting back into my game --- also I shot a 57X 300 round tonight up north a the shop league so I am very happy things are back to norm the 3 I missed were do to thinking to much thru the shots versus just letting it happen.

My Son Dustin shot since he was coming along, he hasnít shot his bow much at all the last 3 years do to being in college and it was great to see him slingin arrows, and not bad actually for having the break.

Jessica Ė Little Bow Peep was a little confused we me putting her in the flights and having to shoot against guys and gals both Ė so she was a little edgy with me and all of this and dropped a few on Friday, until I explained how the flights work and so forth with the reassurance that sheís more of a intimidation to most of us then we are to her, so on Saturday she only dropped 3 points and on Sunday she was nailin 10s and Xs at the beginning and then all of a sudden her arrows started shooting high and then real high even after inspecting the bow all check points right on the marks- Cam, Peep, arrow rest, etc I could not figure out what the heck was going wrong, she ended up cranking her sight close to 45-50 clicks to get it back in the zone while shooting, for her at that point with all the arrows nailing the target high with all in the 9s and even all in the red 8s and at the same time cranking the sight to pull them back down eliminated her for any chance of a great finish. She at this point was a glassy eyed and focused on shooting her shot that she trusted making the comment that now its just practice for State next weekend.

I did find the culprit in the hotel room afterwards for some unknown reason, on the front of her Sure Loc sight - the 3-Axis adjustment system set screws came loose to the point that her scope position dropped lower Ė this is the adjustment that allows one to raise or lower their scope to level the bubble in their sight square with the bow and as this started to drop down caused her impacts to raise just as if adjusting your sights to shoot higher.
    One more then on the check point list indeed

But all in all we had a great week,
    Gator and the rest of you folks that were there I was looking for ya, a lot of good folks there to meet for sure.

I hope you all had a great time!
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Thumbs up

I live here and went saturday for a few hours. I'm still new to this all but had a blast watching a few rounds of competition. I dont shoot that fancy stuff...yet.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

Great to hear you all had a good time. And all stayed safe. So was it a real mad house out there? Jess needs a new bow technician. Oh and by the way "WHO THE HECK IS DUANE???"

"HONDA"

I thought for the most part everything went smooth; the live scoring stats on the spot were kinda cool, as long as the feller on your bunk enters the correct info, you were in good shape and everyone including yourself if you could see one of the big screens could see how you were ranking as the game progressed. In the shoot off at the end they used the same screens to zoom in on the shooter and a super zoom on the baby X on the target face at the same time Ė this was really cool.

There was a little squawk at the end for some of the spectators there as well as some on the archery webs saying Morgon was robbed of a title but he even gave the thumbs down while walking up to the target knowing that it was a 9and not a 10 and Reo and Morgan both were in agreement on how things played out, and it was unreal watching the shooting machines hammer those baby Xs
    But yet it was crazy how some of the folks Ė and some that werenít even there got all revved up over something that they themselves had no idea on first hand.

As usual a lot of shooters but I didnít see as many people from the other countries as in the past I always thought it was neat to hear all the different languages and accents as they would explain to each other on their shots.

So far Jessica has not fired me yet, anyways so I guess Iím still good for setting up her equipment.

Glad to be home, and most of all Iím glad that my trust in my shot is coming back, shot a sweet 57X last night north of here and the 3 that missed were darn close but not enough.

I did have a nice visit with Tim Strickland on Saturday we spoke about mental management some, defiantly a super nice individual to visit with.

All in all it was a great time

Good to see you and the kids again at Vegas. Wish I would have had a little more time to visit with Dustin and Jess, but seems like I was always on the go other than the time we spent visiting in the Mathews booth. See you in L'ville.

Glad we were able to sit and visit a little x-ring Ė see you in March

I finally made it back.

Me and the wifey stayed in Vegas a day extra to have a little time to look around and see the sites without worrying about getting back to shoot.

Hey JDX, I stopped by the Mathews booth but didn't see you hanging around. We were going to stop back by and never made it back there, time flys when your having fun.

I started out great on day one with a 299, then fell apart the rest of the week with a pair of 296 to finish out the shoot. Maybe next year I'll try going to get a little more sleep day to day.

The shoot off was unbelievable. the pressure that Reo and Morgan withstood during the shoot out was amazing. The calls the line judges made looked like the right calls , I was sitting on the right side of the shooters by the target bails. The calls were close and the judges did a great job of making things right.

The Vegas shoot itself ran like clock work,smooth and clean which is a feat in itself when you look at the number of archers that compete in this shoot. You really have to give it up to the people that plan and run this shoot.

My only complaint was the location. The Riveria has to be one of the worst places in Vegas. The bartenders are rude and I think they robbed the retirement home for the ****tail girls. Have you ever seen a 60 year old in a push up bra and fish net stockin's???? Not a purty sight. And dare I ask what that smell was in the hallways?? I could go on on but why?

All and all we had a great time and will probably go back next year.....I just don't think we'll be staying at the riveria.