You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 2512 XX78s?

Default 2512 XX78s?

Anyone still using them? Haven't shot 3D in about 14 years when I used a PSE G-Force and the 2512 XX78s and they worked pretty well. Picked up a used Bowtech Pro 40 and looking to get back into competing for some fun. Now it seems like most people use carbon over the aluminum. Does carbon offer that much of an advantage? Would it be better to go with something like a Fatboy or Lightspeed? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    Anyone still using them? Haven't shot 3D in about 14 years when I used a PSE G-Force and the 2512 XX78s and they worked pretty well. Picked up a used Bowtech Pro 40 and looking to get back into competing for some fun. Now it seems like most people use carbon over the aluminum. Does carbon offer that much of an advantage? Would it be better to go with something like a Fatboy or Lightspeed? Any help would be appreciated.
    i shoot 2512 x7s for 5 spot but i will never shoot them for 3d they bend to easily for that IMO i would stick to carbon for 3d

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    I use the xx78 2512 super/lites....good arrows.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Thanks for the replies. After looking around the site and also at different arrows I think i might take the leap from aluminum and try some carbon arrows. Looking at the Easton Lightspeed and Gold Tip Ultralight 22. Looks like I can get less weight with them.

Thanks.