You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default To Peep or not TO Peep

has anyone used the Peep Eliminator or a product called Bow Anchor Sight or any other product that eliminates the need for a peep feed back wanted on these products do they work? would you or do you use them??
    08 Bowtech General 70# 28"
    rip cord
    tru glo

im sure they work fine would i ever use one NOPE

Never tried one but it would be interesting to set up a bow and try one out. What kind of price tag do they carry?

"HONDA"

i have never seen them but i am always interested in trying different things, you will never know if it works if you dont try it

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Never tried one but it would be interesting to set up a bow and try one out. What kind of price tag do they carry?
    not sure about peep eliminator but anchor sights are about $70 that's why i'm trying to get some info before i spent that kind of cash .also i would be using it for hunting
    rip cord
    tru glo

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I like my Hind, but I see it as a hunting proposition only.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I tried the Hind Sight, but I couldn't get comfortable with it. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but I thought it was too much to think about while hunting.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

I use both the Anchor Sight and a Timberline No-Peep. IMO they work great. If I were strickly a target shooter I'd probably stick with a peep sight, but as a guy who has a hard time using a peep in low light, I love these things to hunt with. Two negatives, one is the way they mount, sandwiched between your sight and riser, and the second is they are somewhat a PIA to get set right for you. I have a pretty easy time doing it now, but I've swapped them around a bit, but your first could give you fits if you have'nt taken your meds yet. Once you get them set though they work great. I've used them with fixed pins and slider sights like an HHA, no problem.
    FBSA Member

I'm looking forward to using one of the rear sights because I'm a beginner and can't get a consistent anchor point

Quote Originally Posted by Utah-archer View Post
    I'm looking forward to using one of the rear sights because I'm a beginner and can't get a consistent anchor point
    you will have a more consistent anchor with a peep over a hindsight or one of the other gimmicks IMO

I've always been inaccurate with peeps sights so id be happy to change

I use a make-shift hind sight that i made out of 2 tru-glo pins on posts that I line up with my top and bottom pins on my actual sight....kinda of confusing to describe, but it works great for me.
    ...but then again I also shoot with fingers and try to keep my set-up as "un-fancy" as possible to make it more of a sport/challenge.
    The hindsight also helps me aviod bow-torque. I think peeps are a great thing too, don't get me wrong.
    Another advantage with a hind-sight is that it doesnt take away any speed. Every time you add something to your string your losing velocity on your arrow.
    Hopefully this helps.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by archerykid12 View Post
    you will have a more consistent anchor with a peep over a hindsight or one of the other gimmicks IMO

How do you figure that? I can promise you if you change your anchor with a Hind you won't get everything to line up.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    How do you figure that? I can promise you if you change your anchor with a Hind you won't get everything to line up.
    exactly so wats the point does the same thing as a peep just cost 10 times more im not trying to be a downer on this product but it just makes no sense to me

Here is a pic of my make-shift hind sight.....probably cost less than a peep....I line up the top hind sight pin with my top regular sight pin and the bottom hind sight pin with my bottom regular sight pin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BOWtech07 View Post
    Here is a pic of my make-shift hind sight.....probably cost less than a peep....I line up the top hind sight pin with my top regular sight pin and the bottom hind sight pin with my bottom regular sight pin.
    cool! thanks for the pic, works good?
    rip cord
    tru glo

works awesome. consistent anchor point everytime.

nope, not for me, no thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWtech07 View Post
    works awesome. consistent anchor point everytime.
    so in your opinion would it be worth $70 cause i'm not as handy as you !seems like if you are forced to use the same achor point every shot you would become way more consistant
    rip cord
    tru glo

Well, its tough to say.....I myself personally love the concept of a hind sight and its works great for me, although it took me a lot of time tinkering around with it to position it just how i liked it. If you have a lot of patience and more than 5 minutes to shoot I would recommend it.....otherwise peep sights are a lot more easy to adjust and get sighted in....
    also, "hind sight" makes a rear apeture for 35 bucks maybe cheaper on Ebay....it works pretty well especially in low light because it glows. They also make a hind sight in combination with either a 3 pin or 5 pin sight for around 75 bucks...and I've heard good things about those. Thats my opinion, but I would try to get as many opinions as possible before you make a decision, although for 35 bucks its not as big of a gamble.....
    Good Luck!