You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default What would be the best Bow Tech or Mathews

Im buying a new bow and i just dont know what to get i've been looking at the The Mathews Outback and The Bow Tech Liberty somebody please give me some advise im lost here

That is a decision you should make by shooting them...no one can tell you how good they feel to you!

With that being said...I have an Outback. The only thing I don't like is the string suppressors. This is a personal issue...I am not bashing Mathews. This is my 4th Mathews. You see, the Zebra string is not all it is cracked up to be...it stretches. And when it does, the axle to axle length changes, resulting in a different angle on the suppressors, and it bites in and makes noise. A good dealer could remedy the situation...but I don't have a good dealer.

When you buy, make sure you get the right draw length. There is a thread right now on archerytalk.com and it seems that most people agree Mathews runs 1/4 to 3/4 long...so keep that in mind.

I finally got the chance to shoot a Bowtech...and the Liberty is going to be my next bow! I like the grip better (personal) and the adjustability of the cam...you can play with 1/2", unlike a Mathews.

Just my $ .02....shoot them with an open mind, they each have positives!