You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: More Questions

Default More Questions

I am thinking about getting another bow for 3D and leaving my Trykon XL setup for hunting. I would like to have the extra brace height of the ProElite but was wondering if I could get decent speed out of it. I try to get my 3D setups somewhere around 280-290 fps. Or would I be better off going with the UltraElite? Also considering getting another Trykon XL.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Radar,

I know from one pro in the area that says he likes the Trykon XL better than the Pro Elite. If your think about 3D, then get the UltraElite or stick with the Trykon XL.

Just my opinion.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Site Guru

is there a particular reason you have to stay with Hoyt? Why limit yourself?

What is your draw length and what would be your arrow weight? Would you have the spiral cams or cam and 1/2? Michael Braden shoots the Pro Elite with spiral cams. Spiral cams will get you more speed. I just use the cam and 1/2 because I shoot only indoor and field so the speed is not that important to me. My Pro Elite shoots 276 fps at 52 lbs. I have a 30" DL and my arrows are 296 grains.
    Ed R

I have a 29" draw and my arrows weigh in at around 320grains I think it has been a while since I measured them so I can't say for sure. And Dredly I do not believe I am limiting myself, I am just partial to Hoyts. I shot Chris's Apex or was it an Apex 7 can't remember, Last winter in his shop after he got it... It was a very nice bow...smooth and was very nice looking with the black riser and camo limbs. Very sharp!!! Not sure what I want to do. I may wait and just set my Trykon XL back up for 3D's after hunting season or I may order a bow during season so it will be here in time for winter indoors?
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Having 2 Bows is always the way to go. Makes life a lot easier when you are just as serious about bow hunting as you are about 3D.
    I use an Xtec (04) for hunting and an Ultratec (05) for 3D.

You might want to wait and see what Hoyt comes out with for next year…

Ya I know!!! I keep thinking that Hoyt should come out with a Elite riser with parrallel limbs with the Cam & 1/2 would be awesome. Maybe even with the Zephyr cam who knows I get too excited thinking about it!!! I know those are only dreams probably won't happen but it sure is fun. It would probably be super heavy, then again who knows. I have had a separate hunting, 3D, and indoor setup for awhile, though when I bought my Trykon XL I shot indoors with it as well. I usually shoot at 70# but since I was gonna shoot 300 rnd. with it to I set it at 65. I was pretty amazed when I shot my 2613 eclipse out of it and was getting bullet holes with em the same as my Pro 22's. I would just put my 300 scope in and shoot a score then go to my locker and put my 3D scope in and go shoot our indoor 3D league. I think I am gonna setup my AccuTec that I was using for 300 up for Field round next summer, can't hurt its just hanging in the basement now