You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Old and Experienced

Default Your Opinions please

Last month our club, Sauk Valley Archers in Dixon IL, put on a Luck of Draw
    3-D team shoot. We didn't have a huge amount of shooters but what we did have was a huge amount of POSITIVE feed back. We went with this type of team shoot so everyone has a decent chance to win some money. Everyone seemed to love this shoot. Enough that we have decided to have another one March 7th. Does any other clubs have this type of shoot? Maybe its something your club would want to think about having. Do you have any suggestion on how to improve this type of format. We even allowed mulligans and on one shot you had a choice of which target you wanted to shoot. You can view all the details at the attached link.
    We are also looking to increase our mailing list. If anyone would like to receive info about our shoots drop me a pm with your name and address and I will add you to our mailing list.
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23424

Old and Experienced

Default ???????

It never fails. If you don't want someones opinion they are lined up to give it to you anyway. Now that I am asking for opinions nobody has one.
    Oh well If anyone around the area has time they should come give this shoot a try. It was a lot of fun last time.

Quote Originally Posted by archeryisme View Post
    It never fails. If you don't want someones opinion they are lined up to give it to you anyway. Now that I am asking for opinions nobody has one.
    Oh well If anyone around the area has time they should come give this shoot a try. It was a lot of fun last time.
    I have a hard time getting one person to shoot with me not to mention a whole team...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Default Sunday shoot

We had a two man blind draw.

We split the SCORECARDS. Top scores and lower scores then draw teams. Then draw two man teams. It is fair. Ok if your not shooting classes.

We also have a jackpot for the guys shooting from the back stakes. You could do that for each class if you wanted.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Old and Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    I have a hard time getting one person to shoot with me not to mention a whole team...
    Maybe your not paying them enough. Or is it they are afraid of you beating them?

I was just looking for some more ideas to keep this shoot fun. Everyone was happy as a pig at the slop trough last time, so it will be pretty much the same kind of shoot this time. Since this is a indoor shoot there is not much yardage so there is only one class. Actually some of the guys shooting here have NO CLASS at all . But I won't call them out now.

Old and Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    We had a two man blind draw.

We split the SCORECARDS. Top scores and lower scores then draw teams. Then draw two man teams. It is fair. Ok if your not shooting classes.

We also have a jackpot for the guys shooting from the back stakes. You could do that for each class if you wanted.
    Thanks for the input. I am open to try anything to get the shooter numbers up. Actually the numbers have been going up lately. But I want to keep them going that way.
    Around here we have a lot of money shoots, called "two man scrambles" They are fun and draw quite a few shooters. With those shoots you pick your own team mate and therefore there are some really really good teams formed but the average Joe doesn't have a chance. Nothing wrong with those shoots, I like them myself but I feel there are a lot of shooters out there that don't feel like they have the skill to compete in those shoots. So we decided to go with the random draw shoot. Trying to draw that average Joe off the couch and out to the range. Last time we ended up with 3 man teams and scored the highest two arrows. Had a team mulligan you could take. Most liked that idea. We paid the top 3 teams and the last place team.
    Again thanks for the imput.