You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[QUOTE=BUNNYMAN;227957]
    Quote Originally Posted by VSA View Post

Hey bud, just release the caps lock and all will be well
    just a bad habit from work. i have to do thing in caps.

thanks i will try to remenber.

vsa

[QUOTE=BUNNYMAN;227957]
    Quote Originally Posted by VSA View Post

Hey bud, just release the caps lock and all will be well
    Bunny, You have got to be kidding right?...

No harm no foul VSA...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post

Bunny, You have got to be kidding right?...

No harm no foul VSA...

I thought you would like that!
    I cut things up and split them down!

thanks bunnyman! i thought vsa was just a hothead , glad to get that cleared up!

reminded me of a snl skit with the dude who yells everything and dosent realize it

Dean is right in almost all cases that I've seen. You have to hold your form until the arrow is well clear of the bow.

The tendency is to anticipate the explosion of the release. It's the natural thing to do.

It's not target panic, but TP can develop if you don't address the problem.

Good luck,
    Allen

thanks guys I really appreciate the help. I went to the range last night and really paid attention to a few things that I haven't really paid attention to before. One was my follow through and one was my posture.

I found that when I was dropping shots low it was because I was standing nice and tall but I wasn't staying strong with my bow arm through the shot which caused me to have trouble keeping the pin in the X and it was an automatic that when the shot when off my bow arm collapsed prematurely resulting in a poor follow through. But when I let my core and upper body relax out of laziness for some reason my bow arm stayed strong and pushed into the shot resulting in either a high shot or one in the X. After I realized this and was able to play around with a few different things I got myself staying strong in the front side and concentrating on my follow through and I started shooting really well. It brought my scores up from a 285ish from the past two weeks to a 293 26X and a 294 25X last night. So thank you all I really appreciate it.

Now I know I should start a new thread for this but I am going to put it in here: One because there might me some correlation with my previous issue and two, well I am just to lazy to start a new one.

I am shooting a hinge release and feel like I am finally getting to that point where I don't have to think about squeezing my rhomboids to get the shot to go off. However I have noticed that when I first come to full draw and settle in I am fairly steady and my float is in and around the X but as soon as I start squeezing my back my float gets very large and I am all over the 5 ring. Would this be because I tend to let my front side get lazy and soft or is this a sign of another issue?

scmelik,

The reason that your float gets bigger when you start your rhomboid contraction is that you haven't yet gotten the back end of your shot to opperate subconsciously. Obviously you have to start rhomboid contraction consciously, but once started, you should bring your full focus back to the target and patiently wait for the back end to do it's job.

Any flicker of attention away from focus on the X will open up your groups. This is something that I've been struggling with for a while and have just begun to get over it. If I can maintain focus on the front end, I almost always get an X. If there is even the least flicker of attention to the back, it's at best a 5 and often a blueberry.

This is where blank bale shooting can be helpful. After hundreds of arrows with exactly the same shot execution, it will begin to become subconscious. The key for me has been to draw to exactly the same full draw position and then use exactly the same muscles to execute every time. Don't worry if you get bored and your mind starts to wonder. In fact, that's what you want. That means that your shot execution is operating subconsciously.

Hope this helps,
    Allen

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Just a question for you? when you float all over the place is it quick and whippy or slow and wide?
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
    Just a question for you? when you float all over the place is it quick and whippy or slow and wide?
    slow and wide.

When your aiming does your sight drop or swing out of the middle with a broad range of motion??

When your aiming does your sight drop or swing out of the middle with a broad range of motion??
    To be honest I am not 100% sure. I don't focus on the sight at all anymore. All of my concentration is on the X.

What I am getting at is your stablizer weight. You may want to consider playing with the weight. When I put to much weight on the front(which I tend to start out doing) It slows down the float alot but usually makes my range of motion larger. Broader and wider. More sweeping,but still very slow. I usually back off the weight and see what happens. I usually end up lighter then I started. I look for the steadiness with a narrow range of motion.

I would also take what Allen wrote into consideration.

What I am getting at is your stablizer weight. You may want to consider playing with the weight. When I put to much weight on the front(which I tend to start out doing) It slows down the float alot but usually makes my range of motion larger. Broader and wider. More sweeping,but still very slow. I usually back off the weight and see what happens. I usually end up lighter then I started. I look for the steadiness with a narrow range of motion.

I would also take what Allen wrote into consideration.
    I have thought about that actually. Right now I am shooting a 11.5 inch Octane with 2 1oz weights on the end. I am thinking about having someone make me a 2-3 oz weight to put on it and see what that does.

I ran into same thing lately. I came to conclusion I was pulling so hard I was getting weak in the front of my shotand pulling my head out of picture. I was going low on every shot. hope this may help some