You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: nock set

Default nock set

On a new set up where would place the string nock? Is there a standard rule of thumb or is there a personal setting in relation to the riser threads for the rest?

Thumbs up Nock set

I try to keep the arrow centered over the mounting hole for the rest, and start with my nocking point about 1/8" above square. This allows for the back of the arrow to get a little more clearance as it passes the rest. When setting up a new bow I also start with even tiller and play with adding or subtracting turns 1/4 turns at a time on the limb bolts until the 30 yd pin settles on target almost on it's own. Yoy have to readjust your nock height as you go. Try it and you'll se what I mean. When the tiller is set to your liking, the ydg that you shoot most often kinda comes in line on its own, you dont have to fight it to get the sight picture your after.
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

Default sight picture

At this time I am having problems with the sight picture being low and fighting to get it back up, have tried tiller tuning but without proper nock set it seems like I'm skipping a step. Will try it thanks.

So as tiller tunning goes, what happens if you shoot w/you limb bolts bottomed out, do you still turn them out, or not?
    I cut things up and split them down!

Post Tiller tuning

If your limb bolts are bottomed out the only thing you can do is back one of them down 1/4 turn at a time. Shoot a six arrow group at 25-30 yds and plot the size of the group. start with the top limb bolt. Back it down in 1/4 turn increments, shoot and record the results from each group. If you dont notice the groups tightening up return to the original settings and do the same thing with the bottom limb. At some point you should notice it to be easier to naturally settle your sight pin on target and your group size should reflect it also. Remember to reset your knocking point each time you make an adjustment. If you can tell no appreciable difference in these adjustments, then an even tiller setting is where you should probably be. This will likely change from bow to bow and brand to brand. This is what i've found over time works for me. Good luck
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI