You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My son needs a new bow

My son Randy is 10. His grandpa got him a bear warrior 2 bow for his birthday last August. That plunged both of us deep into addiction of archery. We found out that his bow isn't all that good, and not really ment to be upgraded. We put sights on it and a wisker bisquet, and we can't dial in the sights because the ring makes contact with the vanes of the arrows. We checked out the Diamond razors edge and like it alot. I'm looking for some good ideas on raising the $329.00.

Do you have deposits on aluminum cans where you live? We don't here but I know in Michigan they get like a dime a piece for them. Talk to your friends and relatives and see if your son can collect those to raise money for his bow. He'll appreciate it alot more if he works and buys it himself... Just a thought...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Banned

Keep your eyes on the ground. I saw on the news that a family of 4 found over $1,100 just laying on the ground. Every time they go to Walmart or the mall They just look. If all else fails maybe I can get you a part time job stripping in the same club I do

Do you have deposits on aluminum cans where you live? We don't here but I know in Michigan they get like a dime a piece for them. Talk to your friends and relatives and see if your son can collect those to raise money for his bow. He'll appreciate it alot more if he works and buys it himself... Just a thought...

Great idea, I wonder if he can get more for beer cans.

The Razors Edge is a great bow to take a little one completely through their growth. I now have the Diamond and Ross bows listed on my website, free shipping and 10% off on accessories bought with Bow purchase.

The Razors Edge is undoubtedly one of the hottest selling youth/women bows on the market. Even a great starter/turkey/deer bow for lots of men. It is one Hot performer.

I have 4 Grandsons that someday will be shooting these Bows!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Have him write a letter to our president explaining his situation! I will glady give up some of my tax dollars toward this. This is a much better cause than what we are doing now! We can take up a small donation toward a certain % to get him started and then he can collect cans, cut grass, do yard work for elderly folks in your community, They always need a hand with their daily chores and such! That is what we always did as kids when we needed money for things. I will give first $5!

Have him write a letter to our president explaining his situation! I will glady give up some of my tax dollars toward this. This is a much better cause than what we are doing now! We can take up a small donation toward a certain % to get him started and then he can collect cans, cut grass, do yard work for elderly folks in your community, They always need a hand with their daily chores and such! That is what we always did as kids when we needed money for things. I will give first $5!
    brother

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Get you some doz's of Krispy Kremes and take him door to door and make a profit on them
    just be up front with the folks and explain to them what he is doing and they will see an American way of interprize and a young man will to work for his desired object
    kids have a way of getting to us especially those that don't want a hand out

that said
    if you have a bunch of libs in an area just stand on there street coners with a hat
    seeing as how they don't believe in the Americian way and will be willing to give him tha money

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

that said
    if you have a bunch of libs in an area just stand on there street coners with a hat
    seeing as how they don't believe in the Americian way and will be willing to give him tha money
    with a little camo paint on his face and old cloths he would look dirty, and pathetic. They would give him money for sure.

Put a jar or can on your bedside table.

Every night empty all of your loose change into the jar.

It takes me a couple of years, but this is how I afford my new bows.

Put a jar or can on your bedside table.

Every night empty all of your loose change into the jar.

It takes me a couple of years, but this is how I afford my new bows.
    I did that as my christmas fund until I got married, then my wife stole all my change. Good idea though.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by broken arrow View Post
    I did that as my christmas fund until I got married, then my wife stole all my change. Good idea though.
    I save all my change and use it to go on my annual hunting trip to w tn
    I call it the Rick Morrell bowhunting fund

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by trx125 View Post
    We can take up a small donation toward a certain % to get him started and then he can collect cans, cut grass, do yard work for elderly folks in your community, They always need a hand with their daily chores and such! That is what we always did as kids when we needed money for things. I will give first $5!
    I'd donate to help with a little of that....
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

You might check out the Alpine Micro. This is a powerhouse of a bow for a youth bow and not quite as expensive as the Edge. The bow will drive tacks.
    Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
    Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose

I'd donate to help with a little of that....
    He would only need 1,316 people to donate a quarter did I say that out loud.
    Last edited by broken arrow; 02-24-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: wrong thing

He would only need 1,316 people to donate a quarter did I say that out loud.
    ...or just 329 to donate a dollar.

Though I'd rather pitch in extra for you to get him to do yard work for an elderly widow.
    Quickstand Archery
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    ...or just 329 to donate a dollar.

Though I'd rather pitch in extra for you to get him to do yard work for an elderly widow.
    My mom is disabled and he helps me cut her grass and do yard work does that count?

My mom is disabled and he helps me cut her grass and do yard work does that count?
    Depends on how hard you been havin to twist his arm....
    Quickstand Archery
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Depends on how hard you been havin to twist his arm....
    I'm suprised he still has arms

Default new bow

I started my son with the Parker Challenger. It is the Youth/female bow designed to be upgraded with need. The bow I bought was 40 pound max weight but after he outgrew it I paid a few pennies and got the upgrade to 50 pounds (new string and limbs). The bow looks and performs exactly like mine (Parker Untralite31). The one modification I recomend is getting adrop away rest vice the biscuit. They make several styles that will retain the arrow on the rest until drawn back. This keeps the arrow secure for small shaking hands and with greatly increase the accuracy. My son has since outgrown his bow so I dropped it back down to 40 pounds and fit his sister. Go to parkerbows.com online to find information. I highly recommend this from experience. My son has harvested several deer with his. email me if you have questions.

Tim