You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Looking to buy BT release

I have decided to try using a BT. I have never shot one, but I am hard headed enough not to quit until I can shoot one. So, I could use some suggestions on some brands. Right now I shoot pro diamond extreme, and .44 caliper. I thought that by going to a BT, then my performance would improve over time, and lose the target panic.

I am glad you asked this question as I have been thinking about doing the same thing and would like the same advice.....

Should you go for the $100-$150 variety or try something a little cheaper to start with??? I know, I know, we should try them out and see what feels good in our hands, but from what I have heard they are not supposed to be comfortable.....I hope you all know what I mean by comfortable.....

I have held a few of the copper johns/stans and they all looked nice and appeared to be well made, but all I did was hold them.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I decided back in about March to try a BT release. So I bought a used Tru-Ball Ultra 3 for $30 and it may be cheap but it forces me to hold on the target better and really does improve my scores over my wrist release indoors. It only took me a few days to get used to it and it not scaring the crap out of me. I started out blind baling for about a month with it just to get the feel. I'm not sure there are any better BT releases out there than my little cheap Ultra 3. There may be more expensive but for me this one works fine. I would suggest anyone wanting to improve a little or just get a different feel for a while to give a BT release a try. But do not think it is going to be easy. Definately get someone who has experience with one to help you get started shooting it safely and not punching yourself in the kisser. Good guys

"HONDA"

Post BT releases

Amen to that!! When I first tried my ultra 3, I would pull it off the loop even with the safety feature on. I scattered arrows all over the hillside by my housewhile trying to shoot at 20-40 yds. Chris set me straight about shooting blind and getting a good muscle memory implanted before starting to stretch things out. Had the fella at the local pro shop work with me a little also. It really helped. Still grab my punch-a-matic when I go to
    3D shoots. Not enough confidence in the BT release yet.
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

I have a Zenith BT, I have shot a couple of Carter BT's also, I have no problem with my Zenith but I cannot remember the names of the Carter's I have tried( think I shot about everyone Chris has in his shop ) but they are all very comfortable and easy to work with. I shoot it straight off of the talon.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I got a bt release for sale pm me lets talk.
    I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesteral level.

I am using the Carter Solution 2.5. It has a safety feature which eliminates the risk of hitting yourself when drawing the bow back. Once at full draw, just push it back with your thumb. Then begin the back tension. It is very easy for someone new to BT releases.
    Ed R

One with a safety is a must to get started. I used a TRU Ball Ultra Sweet Spot to learn for a year. Now I use Zenith BT release and my score is still climbing.

Your getting some great advice in this thread. I too recommend one with a safety on it. It helps remove the fear factor. My release of choice in this category is the Carter Solution 2.5 that is until the Evolution is available. But the evolution is not your typical back tension.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

AWWWWW.............who needs a safety??? Bust yourself in the chops and you learn real fast

"HONDA"