You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Post Work vs Shooting

Setting at work waiting for quiting time. Kinda thinkin that my worst day shooting was way better than my best day at work. Would be kinda nice to be one of those guys that get to combine both. Wadda ya say Chris. Hope I'm not putting this in the wrong forum
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

Default Right on!

I know exactly what you mean. There will be days at work where I will be thinking about shooting or hunting and get myself so fired up I want to leave. I will start thinking about stuff I want to try or things I want to change or thinking that the day I finally get over 299 and get to that hard to achieve 300 could be today and I am stuck at work because without work there would be no shooting it sucks but I guess thats all part of the archery addiction that I hope I never kick.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

If you think starting an archery business is going to get you more shooting or hunting, you are sadly mistaken. I shoot less and hunt less than I used to.

Ask any archery shop owner how much time they get to shoot and hunt. It will be way less than before they were a shop owner. Sad fact of the business.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Post Work vs Shooting

Chris, I guess I should have put LOL behind my comment. I know exactly what you mean. In the early 70's I opened an archery shop in my garage. Only lasted 2 years and I sold out due to not being able to take time to enjoy the sport myself. I'd get "buddys" showing up at 10 and 11 o'clock on Fri wanting to buy arrows or have fletching repaired. Did it once or twice, Big Mistake!!! I'm fortunate enough now to work a 10 hr day, 4 day week and make enough $ to enjoy the 3 day weekends I get. 2 yrs away from retirement and I can hardly wait. Between shooting fishing hunting and golf I don't think I'll have much idle time
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

I try not to let my mind wander at work. Or else I get really bummed out also. I was at the shop last night and they were busier than cats covering up crap on a hot tin roof. Must be getting close to hunting season Those guys are so far behind right now I'm not sure they will ever get caught up. Today is supposed to be their day off but they were going to be making strings and fletching arrows all day. I stepped in last night and helped a few fella's on the range.....maybe I'll get put on the payroll Well just getting stuff at cost would be nice.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Its even worse when you are on 3dshoots and Archerytalk all day long... talk about feeding the crack addiction! Especially when reading the "How are my form" posts on Archerytalk... then I get the whole "do I do that too" thought and then thats quickly followed by "I need to go home!"

Its even worse when you are on 3dshoots and Archerytalk all day long... talk about feeding the crack addiction!
    Now that's funny!
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies