You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fat 3D arrows

i just started shooting x7 eclipse 2212. with 100 grain tips and bohning x vanes 1.75 sheild cut.

ok...I ran a little experiment this past weekend at our last state qualifier.

I shot the Triple X arrows (400 grain) and was only shooting 265 FPS (pulling 60 lbs @ 29 in draw) and was very impressed with the points that I picked up.

I ended up hitting 4 14's in a row, and I do not believe that if I was shooting my 22 series arrows that I would have two of them... I also picked up a few 12's because of the fatter shaft.

Lastly, I was a little nervous because the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip, but I did not have much arrow drift at all...

So, now I must decide what to do at the State shoot and at the ASA Classic...do I go back to my 22 series shafts or do I continue the experiment????
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
    ok...I ran a little experiment this past weekend at our last state qualifier.

I shot the Triple X arrows (400 grain) and was only shooting 265 FPS (pulling 60 lbs @ 29 in draw) and was very impressed with the points that I picked up.

I ended up hitting 4 14's in a row, and I do not believe that if I was shooting my 22 series arrows that I would have two of them... I also picked up a few 12's because of the fatter shaft.

Lastly, I was a little nervous because the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip, but I did not have much arrow drift at all...

So, now I must decide what to do at the State shoot and at the ASA Classic...do I go back to my 22 series shafts or do I continue the experiment????

It paid off this past weekend...thank goodness Jame did not show up and shoot....since he is coming to state, I am thinking this may be the only buckle that I win this year...haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On Target Archery Shooting Staff - Control Freak Stabilizers Pro Staff - Vortex Optics Pro Staff
    LP Archery Shooting Staff - Sure-Loc Shooting Staff - Mathews Co-Op Shooting Staff

Default Nice Buckle

It paid off this past weekend...thank goodness Jame did not show up and shoot....since he is coming to state, I am thinking this may be the only buckle that I win this year...haha
    Congratulations. Don't sweat that Jame. Odds are he going to have a bad day sometime. They gave those at a qualifier?
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Congratulations. Don't sweat that Jame. Odds are he going to have a bad day sometime. They gave those at a qualifier?
    DB
    Yes sir....Gist buckles for high score at the qualifier...one to the high pins score and one to the high open score.

To make it fair they had you draw 5 numbers and they were marked on your scorecard and you took your score from those targets (all known distance). I hit 2-14's 1-12 and 2-10's to finish 10 up on those targets and 16 up for the weekend....I was able to edge out a few competitors that shot 8 up on their 5 targets...

We also got a sneak peek at the buckles that they are giving away for state this year...and I thought that last year's buckles were nice...these put them to shame!!

Yes sir....Gist buckles for high score at the qualifier...one to the high pins score and one to the high open score.

To make it fair they had you draw 5 numbers and they were marked on your scorecard and you took your score from those targets (all known distance). I hit 2-14's 1-12 and 2-10's to finish 10 up on those targets and 16 up for the weekend....I was able to edge out a few competitors that shot 8 up on their 5 targets...

We also got a sneak peek at the buckles that they are giving away for state this year...and I thought that last year's buckles were nice...these put them to shame!!

And us Limited guys.... well, we pretty much got the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    And us Limited guys.... well, we pretty much got the finger.
    well played!!!

DB,
    Are you trying to Jinx me? I will not have a bad day. I just might have a day where nothing comes together right.

Congrats Kurt. Thats a nice buckle. Sure wish I could have came up there. I had to work this past weekend.
    Jame