You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prices

Default prices

im lookin for a new bow i want a mathews switchback xt, a hoyt trykon, or a bowtech alleigence/tribute. i know ill get 1000 different opinons and if anyone knows list the price of the bow i know the bowtechs are 749 but am wondering about sb and trykon thanks

i dontknow about you but i am able to get switchback xts all day long for 600.00 and i think that trykons "junkest thing hoyt ever made" for around 775-800 hope this helps
    tru-glo 5-pin sight
    Doinker Shorty A-bomb
    Tru-fire judge
    Easton LightSpeed 500s 6.5GPI
    100 Gr Muzzy-Bad to the bone-!!
    Bowhunters get more penatration!!!

where do u go to get the 600 sb ?

Im sure the prices are not the same all around, in my area, the hoyt trykon is 749, trykon xl was 789 and the bowteck aleagence was 799. these are new prices...not sure about the SB. I bought the bowtec first, shot it for about 2 weeks, and sold it and got the trykon and havent looked back, i love it. I couldnt get any first shot consistancy out of the bowtec, seemed like i had to warm up, with the trykon, first shot is right in their out of the case, It must just fit me better, i didnt even look at the sb when i was buying a new bow, shot a few of my freinds Switch backs and didnt much care for them, however they are good bows, just not for me.... you may want to go shoot the bows you brought up and see what 1 you like, get the one that fits you best.....

Local BowTech Dealer has a special going on right now, you can get the Allegiance for 650 w/o tax.

Quote Originally Posted by killbambidead View Post
    where do u go to get the 600 sb ?
    The place in in Popular Bluff missouri a little place called EDS HUNTIN STUFF
    tru-glo 5-pin sight
    Doinker Shorty A-bomb
    Tru-fire judge
    Easton LightSpeed 500s 6.5GPI
    100 Gr Muzzy-Bad to the bone-!!
    Bowhunters get more penatration!!!

ok thanks yarddog we arent that far away from that

Site Guru

Around here the SB is going for 700

im gonna wait until after bow season to get the new bow because mines dialed in. id like to wait and see what hoyt, bowtech, and mathews do next year. what time of year do they usually release their new bows ?

i would get a daimond my bowtech... oh wait i already got one!!! i have the diamond victory. my first day i was cutting my vanes off. amazing bows. try ebay, u can get em' real cheap with no tax. i got mine for 500 shipping included brand new in the box. it is an amazing shooting bow!! i highly HIGHLY recomend them.

a daimond is for NOW!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

Switchback XT $695 in my area.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

I have a Bowtech Allegiance and I paid $699 for the bare bow at a local pro shop.

One thing I found out is that Bowtech does not allow mail-ordering for their Bowtech line out of their 'certified' pro shops. The Victory line is distributed in a non-restricted manner. In order to get a Bowtech bow shipped to you mail-order you have to be further than a certain number of miles from the nearest pro shop that sells them.

I don't know why that is but it's the case. If there's a way around it I don't know what it is with the exception of somebody buying a bunch of them and selling on eBay or something. I have seen Bowtech bows selling on eBay but I'm generally not a used equipment kind of person since you just don't know how other people treat their gear. That and I don't trust half of the vendors selling on eBay.

Ron

I don't know why that is but it's the case. If there's a way around it I don't know what it is with the exception of somebody buying a bunch of them and selling on eBay or something. I have seen Bowtech bows selling on eBay but I'm generally not a used equipment kind of person since you just don't know how other people treat their gear. That and I don't trust half of the vendors selling on eBay.
    Ron,

What stops someone from dumping a bunch on ebay? If bowtech tracks the serial number back to a shop, they will drop the dealer. Now if a guy wants to come into my shop and buy 10 to put on ebay, I'll be more than happy to sell them to him.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

and who woundnt??????

Quote Originally Posted by killbambidead View Post
    im lookin for a new bow i want a mathews switchback xt, a hoyt trykon, or a bowtech alleigence/tribute. i know ill get 1000 different opinons and if anyone knows list the price of the bow i know the bowtechs are 749 but am wondering about sb and trykon thanks
    Only way to know for sure is to check your local pro shop out.

In Baton Rouge the Allegiance is $699 (including fast mods) [dealer A], the Switchback is $699 [dealer A], and the Trykon is $749 [dealer B]. The Pearson Stealth is $699 [dealer B], the Pearson Pitt Bull is $499 [dealer B].

Shot them all (and by shoot I mean more than one or two shots—more like 30 or 40) and pick the one that feels the best to you.
    Last edited by mdnky; 08-17-2006 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdnky View Post
    Shoot them all (and by shoot I mean more than one or two shots—more like 30 or 40) and pick the one that feels the best to you.
    Do the dealers in your area allow this??????I mean can you go in and just fling arrows till your hearts content?????

Hey Chris,

I'm not sure how Bowtech inforces their 'policy' when it comes to dealers selling mailorder/Internet. I found out their 'policy' when I was shopping for a new bow. It just don't sound right to me, but 2 different dealers outside of my area told me this. Many other people I know bought non-Bowtech bows over the Internet but nobody I know bought a Bowtech bow over the Internet that wasn't used.

Just kind of a strange thing if you ask me. It would seem that a sale is just that, a sale, and that you would want your brand out there in people's hands with no strings attached (no pun intended...).

Go figure...

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Do the dealers in your area allow this??????I mean can you go in and just fling arrows till your hearts content?????
    Wow thats surprising... Normally in my area they have 1 "demo" bow that they'll adjust to close to what you want, or you shoot it at the specs they have and only if your serious about looking.

A few stores in my area won't even let you DRAW a bow until you are very serious about buying it and I completely understand why.

to me, if I went in to buy a bow and somone else was just finishing up shooting 30 arrows through it then that is NOT a new bow. Especailly if it is shot often, and it probably is. A local shop has guys shoot his Mathews bows on a pretty regular basis, to play around with and that kind of thing. I wouldn't buy a bow from him at his prices as they are NOWHERE near new. Its a demo, it better have a huge mark down and be warrantied through him.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Hey Chris,

I'm not sure how Bowtech inforces their 'policy' when it comes to dealers selling mailorder/Internet. I found out their 'policy' when I was shopping for a new bow. It just don't sound right to me, but 2 different dealers outside of my area told me this. Many other people I know bought non-Bowtech bows over the Internet but nobody I know bought a Bowtech bow over the Internet that wasn't used.

Just kind of a strange thing if you ask me. It would seem that a sale is just that, a sale, and that you would want your brand out there in people's hands with no strings attached (no pun intended...).

Go figure...

Ron

Bowtech enforces what is called "dealer protected areas". Its not cheap to sell Bowtech bows and the last thing a dealer needs is somone selling them online and undercutting their prices because of bulk selling. They do offer a "bowtech in the boonies"" (i think thats what its called) program where if your more then like 40 miles from a dealer you can buy them from online dealers to get their name out there, but they really want you in the store buying the bows, which I completely support

Keep in mind, Bows are NOT where dealers make most of their money, they make their money off the setup of these bows, accessories, arrows... If your buying your bow online then your probably buying everything online, this is horrible business for the local pro-shop.

Most other "Pro Shop" only bow lines are the same way, I know for a fact that Mathews, Hoyt, and the PSE Pro line are all the exact same way. While it does make a Monopoly type of situation in these areas it also protects the dealers that are sticking their necks out and taking a chance on selling the bows.

Yes, Dredly, that makes sense to me after I thought about it.

One thing I can say is that help I got from the shop I bought my bow at has been excellent and has saved me time and money in the longer run. Not to mention that I don't have any frustration shooting it due to the setup and advice I got and still continue to receive. This sport has changed so much that when I got back into it I didn't even know what the heck was what. Carbon arrows ? What are those ? Needless to say I needed guideance.

And, my shop will not let you draw a bow until you pay for it however, having said that, if your not satisfied they will do everything they can to make you satisfied. If that means exchanging your Bowtech for a Mathews, then so be it. They are very accomodating. Their policy just implies that you're very serious about walking out of their shop with new bow in hand.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

Ron