You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default new bow opinions

i bought a 101st last year, use it for 3d and hunting but been thinking of getting a new bow this year. but dont know what to get. dont have anything against other bows but would like to stay with bowtech. what would you all do? thanks
    dont know what the h#@l im doing but im trying to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by frs123 View Post
    i bought a 101st last year, use it for 3d and hunting but been thinking of getting a new bow this year. but dont know what to get. dont have anything against other bows but would like to stay with bowtech. what would you all do? thanks

I like my Bowtech as well but I would take a look at the HOYT Alphamax.
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

Default Bowtech

The Captain really felt great for me. 34" axle to axle. This bow would be good an all around with 7" brace heigth.

Brigadier should be the best choice for tournament shooters.

Ever get the chance to shoot an Elite Bow. I think you will be amazed. I shoot the GT500.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I went through the same thought process a few months ago, but at the end of the day I thought to myself "what would I truly be gaining?" Speed? Possibly but speed doesnt really take priority so Nope. Accuracy? Hard to say already have 7" BH. Feel, maybe, but not much. I couldn't really think of anything susbtantial so I made it my full time 3D rig and bought a Guardian for my hunting bow bc it requires no press and is super quiet, dead in hand and capable of 300+fps. Its tough when you are on all these forums and people hype up all the newest bows as the be all end all of the archery world. Its more of a "cool" factor than anything. I think if you're going to shoot alot have a dedicated bow for each purpose and stick with them for at least a few yrs. Only would I consider something if it has everything my current bows have as well as something that my current ones can't offer. There's no sense with todays bows to buy a new one every year unless of course you're sponsored by a bow company or can get them at cost. JMO
    Last edited by hunter2678; 03-12-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Try the Sentinel.

I bought a General last year and decided that i wanted something different this year.....so i bought a Hoyt. I decided if i wasn't going to buy something completely different from what i had then what was the point in just spending money?

There are too many great bows out there to rule out a bow because of whos name is on the side before i at least gave it a try. I love my Bowtech but i don't go bow shopping with the idea that Bowtech is all I plan to try.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

hey thanks yall for the advice. ill look around and try out some others. keep mine for 3d and maybe something else to hunt with. good luck and keep the freezer full
    dont know what the h#@l im doing but im trying to figure it out

I wanted to buy an AM32 and really liked the way it shot but the features of the Admiral like a rotating draw module that doesn't need sourcing modules won me over. I flip bows almost every year and this bow will be easy to sell as one size fits all. The AM does have removeable modules this year but it still has 3 different cams with specific draw ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by frs123 View Post
    Shoot them all and then decide. Its really the only way. Of course if you decide you do not really want any of them. There is always the darkside. We have candy. Come try the new Reezen6.5 or 7.0. You may be surprised. Just do not listen to all the fanboy talk about them. Give the bow a chance to win you over. If you don't like it then nothing is lost. But you should definately try it. Take care and good luck.

"HONDA"

Every year I think to myself that I'm going to get a new bow. Then when its all said and done I just decide to keep shooting the same bow. Especially if you just bought one last year, get your use into it. I am not good enough yet to notice a difference in ATA, brace height, and all of those specifications so until then, I am just going to shoot my X-6 to death.

I end up spending money on different arrows, rests, stabilizers, scopes, etc. So the money doesn't end up getting saved either
    Rhino
    Michigan
    2007 X-Force 6
    28"/53 lbs
    X-Weave Pro 100's