You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Hooter Shooter....sp?

Ok, I'll be first.

I have been away from 3-D archery for quite some time. I was asking some questions about arrows recently and a particular arrow, the Gold Tip Pro X-cutter, came up. I wanted to try them out. But, I was told that they were "over spined" for my bows draw weight.

The owner of a shop told me that he had talked to the company about this issue. They told him that their tests with a "Hooter Shooter" (sp) had shown that the arrows were compatible for my rig.

Now, what is a "hooter shooter"? I was reluctant to ask this in front of a bunch of seasoned guys.

THX in Advance,

Pinky
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Default Hooter shooter

Pinky-

A hooter shooter is a devise that you put your bow in and it will shoot the arrow for you. This takes away all human error ( bad form ). It is very consistant, shot after shot.

As far as the X-cutters go, I have a buddy that I shoot with that has just set some of these up. He loves them. They paper tear and group very well for him. He is shooting a Hoyt Ultra-tec Xt-3000 limbs w/ spiral cams at 30.5 in. 61 lbs. at 280-284 fps.

Hope this helps. Jeff

Jefro is right... The hooter shooter is a shooting machine. http://www.spot-hogg.com/HooterShooter.html

This will show you what it is.

As far as the X-cutters. I too have heard that they are stiff. I have no real first hand experience with them. That said, I would rather have a stiff arrow than a weak one.

I know there is a lot of people shooting the X-cutters and love them.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

THX for the replies. You guys answered my questions.

THX for the link Chris.

I am having good success with the x-cutters so far. I did cut them 1 inch longer (30") than my 2512 aluminums (29") to help them flex some on launch. I picked up 12 fps with the same weight points.

I have not paper tested the arrows yet. I normally set the paper about 3 feet in front of me. Is that the way to do it? I would appreciate any tips on this.

THX Again - Pinky

Paper tuning. Try a few different yardages. Don't just stay at one yardage and think your done. You could be standing where the arrow is between flex stages.

Sometimes I get great holes at 3 ft but when I move back to 6-10ft I start to see a small tear.

Try 3ft, 10ft, & 10 yards. If clean holes for all three then you are in good shape.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

THX Chris. I have never paper tuned at any distance other than 3 feet.

I appreciate all the info you guys are giving me. Maybe one day, when I grow up, I'll be better at all this tuning stuff. hehehe

THX again

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Paper tuning. Try a few different yardages. Don't just stay at one yardage and think your done. You could be standing where the arrow is between flex stages.

Sometimes I get great holes at 3 ft but when I move back to 6-10ft I start to see a small tear.

Try 3ft, 10ft, & 10 yards. If clean holes for all three then you are in good shape.

never thought about that but wow its common sense, i will deffinatly do that.
    Here's my setup Mathews Outback, Alpine Soft-Loc 5 arrow Quiver, Impact Solo-site, NAP Quicktune 2000 RG Arrow rest, Vibracheck stabilizer, Sims Ultra Limb Savers, Scott Mongoose NCS Release. Shooting Easton Axis Arrows (400's)

"The beast is dead, Long live the beast!"

Default X-Cutter's

I am shooting the X-cutter Pro's through my Hoyt Supertec at 310 fps. I was shooting the ultra-light pro's at 60 lbs and was shooting them at 318 fps at 60 lbs. I decided to try the X-cutter's to gain in line cutting. They acutally weight 26 grains more but between 20 and 30 yards I only have about a 1/4" drop. So pretty much between 20 and thirty I only need one pin! I love that due to the fact that I am pretty confident at guessing the yardages at that far and I don't have to worry about 26, 27 yard targets. My next pin is a 35 yard pin.

Shoot Straight And Introduce someone to the World of Archery!

Shane