You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bowturbow, our results...

Well, we got a chance to test a bowturbow. Here are the details of the test.

I used my sons Diamond Black Ice for testing.
    See the picture I have attached for details. I will let you all decide what you think.
    I moved the cables 1/4" forward from the pre installed position.

I also measured using my bowforce mapper and it showed the change in the draw force curve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris; 03-13-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

a guy at the club put one on his Supertec, though I dont know why and in like seven shots it chewed up his brand new cables because the bearings went out of it. probably just a defective one but makes me kinda leary.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I heard they stopped production due to a lawsuit?
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

WOW.......the draw weight only went up 1.4lbs but the holding weight went up 3#. Draw length was up 7/16" and it only gained 6fps. Thanks for the info Chris, I think I will just stay bowturbowless.

"HONDA"

VaporTrail Staff Shooter Ohioarcher's Avatar

I also just recently tested the bowturbo on my Bear Element 29in draw length 64lbs draw weight shooting 273fps with a 330 grain arrow.

After installing the bow turbow, I tested the draw weight and it increased by 4lbs to 68lbs. The draw length I did not see a change in. I let the draw weight back down to 64lbs and tested the bow. I only gained 5fps to 278fps.

I used a Hooter Shooter and an Easton Chrono for the tests. I shot 6 arrows each time using the same arrows for both tests.

I contacted the owners of the shop for the Bowturbo and they were sorry I did not get the results as claimed and refunded my money upon the return of the Bowturbo.

Again, you decide is it worth the $74 price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioarcher View Post
    I also just recently tested the bowturbo on my Bear Element 29in draw length 64lbs draw weight shooting 273fps with a 330 grain arrow.

After installing the bow turbow, I tested the draw weight and it increased by 4lbs to 68lbs. The draw length I did not see a change in. I let the draw weight back down to 64lbs and tested the bow. I only gained 5fps to 278fps.

I used a Hooter Shooter and an Easton Chrono for the tests. I shot 6 arrows each time using the same arrows for both tests.

I contacted the owners of the shop for the Bowturbo and they were sorry I did not get the results as claimed and refunded my money upon the return of the Bowturbo.

Again, you decide is it worth the $74 price tag?
    Not when a few twists of the buss cables is free.

Just curious...How far does the BT hold the cables from the cable guard rod? No sence in buying one if there is going to be an interference issue.

They are still selling them. They were at Hattiesburg this past weekend selling them and showing demonstrations.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Idk...i'm reading where several bow companies will void the warranties if these are used.Correct me if i'm wrong.But i will say,that for 80 bucks(once taxes are added..thats pretty hefty for an extra few fps.jmo
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member