You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default gripping suggestion

got a conquest 4 , ok for now, but i may be adding a grip of some type . anyone know what works well with this one?why?

I put hockey tape on the grip of my conquest apex because my hands kept sweatin so I needed a little extra grip. Did the trick

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

I prefer a slim grip area. With a low wrist position. When my hands get sweaty I shoot in a glove. Too thin and the the bow pivots in my hand . in which case I would build the grip up. If the the grips to big it pivots in my hand but at that point I'm screwed. I find the conquest 4 to have a very nice grip. No building involved. When I approach a new grip I just let it settle in to the pad of my hand.

If I were you I would shoot it for a while. Just to make sure it wasn't me adjusting to the grip. If it still bothers you, check out Shrewd grips or you can have Loesch build you what ever kind of grip you want.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

Definatly going too shoot it in like it is. Just got it set up and shot today,I may not need anything cause it is an awesome shape , just thinking down the road. Anyone ever use the navcom wrap materiel?

Quote Originally Posted by the contractor View Post
    Definatly going too shoot it in like it is. Just got it set up and shot today,I may not need anything cause it is an awesome shape , just thinking down the road. Anyone ever use the navcom wrap materiel?
    Comes in several colors... the grip tape of champions...
    Last edited by JAVI; 01-03-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default My Apex7

Quote Originally Posted by the contractor View Post
    got a conquest 4 , ok for now, but i may be adding a grip of some type . anyone know what works well with this one?why?

I actually used the non slip material you put down along side swimming pools. I got it at Lowes Hardware store. Little rough on the hands but my hands didnt slip. I do agree tennis wrap is the most popular.

I currently am using 3M electrical rubber tape. I really like it because it is softer and conforms with the hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Very good link. Confirms my opinion that with grips , less is more. I know I'm loving this grip as is so far.