You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3D question

<- What is this symbol? KY Clint's Avatar

Question 3D question

I went to my first 3D shoot yesterday (just watched - didn't shoot) but have some questions. At each station there were 4 Pins, white, yellow, green & orange. The group I followed said that the yellow pin was for the Hunter class so no target would be over 35 yards. I have searched around and have not come up with a set of rules specifying classes and distances and the like. Can anyone point me at a website with some understandable rules?

(I spent some time on the ASA site and the rules I found had no specifics, but I think they were tounament rules.)
    Clint in far west Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by KY Clint View Post
    I went to my first 3D shoot yesterday (just watched - didn't shoot) but have some questions. At each station there were 4 Pins, white, yellow, green & orange. The group I followed said that the yellow pin was for the Hunter class so no target would be over 35 yards. I have searched around and have not come up with a set of rules specifying classes and distances and the like. Can anyone point me at a website with some understandable rules?

(I spent some time on the ASA site and the rules I found had no specifics, but I think they were tounament rules.)
    Have fun reading. I think its at the top of page 4. This is IBO and not ASA. Takes a while to load be patient. http://www.ibo.net/pdf/2009IBO%20RULES.pdf

"HONDA"

<- What is this symbol? KY Clint's Avatar

Default Thanks

Thanks BHH, I was looking on the wrong website. I found exactly what I needed.
    Clint in far west Kentucky

BROWNS3DARCHERY BROWNS3DARCHERY's Avatar

Default 3d Shoots

I Think Alot Of Shoots Are Different One From Another.my Range Is Set Up With Two Pins Red And White.there Isn't Alot Of Tournament Shooters Around My Way But Alot Of Good Hunters.so Two Pin Shoots Are Great For Here.we Have An Hunter Class And A Pro Style Class.we Also Have A Range Set Up For Young Archers Up To Twelve Yrs Old.all Of Our Targets Are Ibo And Smaller Targets Are Asa Scoreable.the Web Sites Really Help With Rules David

Welcome to the site!
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000