You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default 3D just for fun?

Does anyone have a just for fun class? I shoot just for fun and I dont go in for the money bags ect.

The reason I ask is I looked on the IBO site and for my set up I should be shooting open class. I know I aint ready for open class and want to shoot Advanced bowhunter. The thing that throws me in Open is my HHA site and glue in points. the rest is bowhunter set-up.

Any suggestions? what i should do for this year.
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

There are a couple of clubs in my area that hold 3D shoots, and it is just for fun. No awards are given and you shoot the courses the way you want. At my club we allow peole to shoot in a noncompetive class, just the same as just for fun.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

VaporTrail Staff Shooter Ohioarcher's Avatar

Our club allows shooters to shoot a practice round at our shoots. They shoot the course but they can not turn in a score or be in any of the smokers. They are marked "practice" in the book. You may try asking other clubs they may have something like that.

I pretty much shoot all local shoots for fun... sign up pay your money and don't turn in the card..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    I pretty much shoot all local shoots for fun... sign up pay your money and don't turn in the card..
    Thats an Idea
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Yeah that's what I and my buds do.

We keep our score cards and gag over the lack of ability over a cold beer when we are done....

We do have a lot of fun though. We laugh WAY more than we cry on a 3D shoot...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yeah that's what I and my buds do.

We keep our score cards and gag over the lack of ability over a cold beer when we are done....

We do have a lot of fun though. We laugh WAY more than we cry on a 3D shoot...

Ron
    Ditto, 90 percent of my shooting is no different than a Sunday round of golf. Theres a shoot almost each weekend within a hour of me. Just plain old fling some arrows fun.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Thumbs up Now that's what I do !

I don't turn my score in at most shoots,mainy because they close down about a day before I find half the arrows that I've lost ! I go by how many arrows that I have left,had some really low scoring shoots doing that!

Wink

I just wanted to tell you that I just had my first 3Dshoot in Bushnell IL on a rainy day. I have an HHA sight and I was worried about the placement of stakes for class's as well. He said farthest stake back... When I sucked it up and went out ( I was more excited than anything else) I shot a 279 first shoot. Another thing the last shoot I went too, I was like what class am I in..... I'm still new and all he said that looks like something I'd bring out to the woods so thats bowhunter. So in all honesty I would have to say stop thinking its going to be hard, walk out pick a stake and shoot from it. Even if its close or the farthest one from the target your going to have a great experiance as well as a burn in your butt from all the walking haha. Get out and enjoy life.

Bring Bino's

Another thing, Im sure that many of the people that go too the shoots would gladly bring you along.
    Last edited by Lobotomy; 04-07-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioarcher View Post
    Our club allows shooters to shoot a practice round at our shoots. They shoot the course but they can not turn in a score or be in any of the smokers. They are marked "practice" in the book. You may try asking other clubs they may have something like that.
    Somebody explain "Smoker" to me......please.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

VaporTrail Staff Shooter Ohioarcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Somebody explain "Smoker" to me......please.
    Sorry it maybe a local term, its just a bonus payout/game you can get in for an extra dollar. We pick 10 random targets and take the total score from those 10 targets. The person who scores the high score gets the pot from the "smoker" score.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioarcher View Post
    Sorry it maybe a local term, its just a bonus payout/game you can get in for an extra dollar. We pick 10 random targets and take the total score from those 10 targets. The person who scores the high score gets the pot from the "smoker" score.
    Gotcha....I had seen it on results lists before but had never asked what it was.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews Man View Post
    Does anyone have a just for fun class? I shoot just for fun and I dont go in for the money bags ect.

The reason I ask is I looked on the IBO site and for my set up I should be shooting open class. I know I aint ready for open class and want to shoot Advanced bowhunter. The thing that throws me in Open is my HHA site and glue in points. the rest is bowhunter set-up.

Any suggestions? what i should do for this year.
    change your set up, hold onto the other gear, when your ready, switch it out! or just jump in get your feet wet, challange yourself, you may surprise yourself how quickly you adapt to the longer ranges! Good luck ! nothing ventured nothing gained!