You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Default How long would you wait?

If you placed an order for a part for your gun and almost two months have past and the part is still on back order, would you continue to wait or would you go somewhere else even if the price was a little more expensive?
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

depends on how bad I wanted the part.

lots to consider.

was it ordered locally or online?
    is it normally stocked or was it special order?
    if you cancel the order are there any fees involved?
    have you checked to see if it's in stock at the other place and how much more is it?

Wabbit Huntin

Well, law says they can't back order you forever, they have to return your money in full after a period of time.

I agree though, depends on how bad you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    lots to consider.

was it ordered locally or online?
    is it normally stocked or was it special order?
    if you cancel the order are there any fees involved?
    have you checked to see if it's in stock at the other place and how much more is it?
    Yep...what he said.

"HONDA"

Finally got sick of waiting and the runaround. Told them to cancel the order and bought the same thing at a different online sourse for $5 more plus shipping. The funny thing is, they didn't even act like they gave a about wether or not I did buisness with them. I guess there are enought suckers out there who will put up with the B S, after all....look how long I waited

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    Finally got sick of waiting and the runaround. Told them to cancel the order and bought the same thing at a different online sourse for $5 more plus shipping. The funny thing is, they didn't even act like they gave a about wether or not I did buisness with them. I guess there are enought suckers out there who will put up with the B S, after all....look how long I waited
    It amazes me how crappy customer service is with certain companys. In my industry we are loosing business left and right due to our customers going under. We bend over backwords for current customers because were lucky to have them. It seems like the term back order is commom now days in the archery and gun buisness. Both supplyers and manufacturs keeping inventory levels low to keep controlled cost down. Bad thing is it affects the retail supplyers and theres nothing they can do but tell you it's on back order.If you can get it elswhere why not!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Patriot till Death... monkybrainz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    If you placed an order for a part for your gun and almost two months have past and the part is still on back order, would you continue to wait or would you go somewhere else even if the price was a little more expensive?
    who did u use? lots of popular online gun places are backed up by 8 weeks or so with orders
    PSE
    And there came a voice to him," Rise Peter, Kill and eat" acts 1o: 13
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sound

Quote Originally Posted by monkybrainz View Post
    who did u use? lots of popular online gun places are backed up by 8 weeks or so with orders
    I was trying to use Optics planet. It was for a burris fast fire red dot sight base. I was getting that base with standard picatinney/weaver mounting for a Doctor red dot I have to go on my shotgun. I found the exact same thing on gunbroker. On OP it was 23.00 plus shipping, on GB it was 28 plus shipping. Ended up working out to about 3.00 difference so I'm glad that I cancelled my order and moved on. For 3.00, my time and not being aggrevated is totally worth it.

What really bothered me the most though was that Optics Planet didn't even seem to care that they were loosing me as a customer. After I emailed them, their response was pretty much "Oh well, see ya". I truely think that they wanted me to cancel the order from the very beginning. Why else would they be asking me if I wanted to cancel every time I called?