You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default T/C Omega or Triumph

Is the triumph worth the extra money over the omega? What are your thoughts.

Also, what's a good mid price range scope you would put on it? It will only be used here in the great state of Illinois for deer hunting.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

I love my omega. Shoots sub 1" groups at 100 yards with pellets and conicals.

I've got a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x 40mm scope with leopold Quick disconnect rings.

I love the setup because I can pull the scope off to clean the barrel. I have also checked and it holds zero great.

Did a three shot group at 100yds. Took the scope off after the first 2 shots and then took another shot with it back on. All 3 touching. The first two were on top of each other and the third was just a hair low and right.

I've dropped 2 deer in their tracks with it.

The triumph seems to get a lot of good press but I'm so satisfied with the omega I wouldn't even worry about getting another gun.

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killasoundz View Post
    I love my omega. Shoots sub 1" groups at 100 yards with pellets and conicals.

I've got a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x 40mm scope with leopold Quick disconnect rings.

I love the setup because I can pull the scope off to clean the barrel. I have also checked and it holds zero great.

Did a three shot group at 100yds. Took the scope off after the first 2 shots and then took another shot with it back on. All 3 touching. The first two were on top of each other and the third was just a hair low and right.

I've dropped 2 deer in their tracks with it.

The triumph seems to get a lot of good press but I'm so satisfied with the omega I wouldn't even worry about getting another gun.
    +1

Love my omega. I can put 1" groups or better at 100 yds consistantly.
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

I bought a Triumph the first year they came out & I'm so glad I did. Don't get me wrong, the Omega is an excellent gun & is well worth the money. The speed breach on the Triumph is so handy for cleaning & especially when sighting it in on the range. I got great patterns with the 250 grain SuperGlide Shockwaves & both 100 & 150 grains of 777. You can't go wrong with either gun, but in my opinion the Triumph is the best choice.