You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    James Drouillard

Default CBE sight and Viper scope....

I have a new CBE sight and a Viper scope, how do I stop the scope from turning during the shot? Sorry for a stupid question, but can someone help me out!!
    James Drouillare...Adams Archery...Hoyt...Easton...Trophy Taker...Scott Archery...Doinker...Muzzy...Bohning

Default Heres what I do!

Quote Originally Posted by ruttinbuck View Post
    I have a new CBE sight and a Viper scope, how do I stop the scope from turning during the shot? Sorry for a stupid question, but can someone help me out!!
    I pull my aluminum sqaure tubing off my CBE sight. I twist it on tight and use two nuts on the backside of scope. Then put back on the sight. I hold the nut with pliers and use a wrench on the sqaure tubing. Be very carefull not to ruin your sqaure tubing on the CBE sight.
    DB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

The Viper scopes have a machined "square" that matches-up with the square CBE windage block. Most people drill out the threads on the windage block. Then just insert your rod, and the block will seat into the scope body. Now just put a lock nut on the backside of the block. It's now impossible for the scope to turn.

I know another guy who drills out the threads on the scope, and uses a short screw to attach the scope to the block. The only problem with this, is that you can see the screw head in your scope housing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nccrutch; 03-25-2009 at 07:52 AM.
    President-Neuse River Bowhunters
    PSE Field Staff

James Drouillard

Quote Originally Posted by nccrutch View Post
    The Viper scopes have a machined "square" that matches-up with the square CBE windage block. Most people drill out the threads on the windage block. Then just insert your rod, and the block will seat into the scope body. Now just put a lock nut on the backside of the block. It's now impossible for the scope to turn.

I know another guy who drills out the threads on the scope, and uses a short screw to attach the scope to the block. The only problem with this, is that you can see the screw head in your scope housing.
    Thanks for the heads up. If I do this, what happens if I use a different scope, say like a Classic? Will this mess me up?
    James Drouillare...Adams Archery...Hoyt...Easton...Trophy Taker...Scott Archery...Doinker...Muzzy...Bohning

My son shoots the Classic scope on his CBE. The windage block is drilled out. The scope housing is not machined to recieve the block. We have to really really lock it down tight to keep it from rotating.
    President-Neuse River Bowhunters
    PSE Field Staff