You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: What to do?

Default What to do?

I need a new bow this year. I have a mathews MQ32 Which I do like but it does not have the draw legnth I need without a loop which I don't really want to deal with.And I also have a mathews outback and don't like it. I shot four deer with it last year and it seems to heavy(for out west) and also to slow! my pins are a whole inch apart from 20 to 40 yards! I used to shoot a PSE XLR500 twin cam bow I know it was an antiuqe but I only had one pin from 20 to 40 and I killed many deer never failed me I know I was just used to it but Heck man I was robbin hood! Now I am excited to buy a new bow and WHen I find it I am going to set up two of them Sister bows.What do I look at? I want to try the Diablo, Bowtech and Diamond? And I am also going to try the XT even though I am disapointed. Help me out dudes I am tired of all the shop owners pushing me into there gear, and want some advice from guys that have been out at the ranges and exposed to other archers.

Monty,

I moved your post to it's own thread so it will get more attention.

I'm surprised you don't like the outback. Yes the mq32 is physically lighter but I would expect the outback to shoot better. That said a lot of guys really liked the mq32. I never shot one myself.

used to shoot a PSE XLR500 twin cam bow I know it was an antiuqe but I only had one pin from 20 to 40 and I killed many deer never failed me I know I was just used to it but Heck man I was robbin hood!
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news and don't take this wrong. There is no bow on the market that will shot 20 to 40 yards with the same pin. It's just not physically possible with todays speeds, unless you are compensating for yardage.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

dont over look the Trykon or the original Switchback......
    theres a hole mess of good speedy bows out there to try.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I own and hunt with the MQ32 and just love it. Great little bow and the speed is not that bad. 28" draw at 60# and shoots 256. Unless you are useing a rope release, I would highly suggest useing the loop. Just as easy as cliping on the string and won't damage the string either.

You might check this out also, there was a whole lot of those MQ32's sold by Mathews when they first came out. I don't think it would be to difficult to find a set of cams for one that would be the proper draw length for you and really shouldn't cost that much. You have a great little hunting bow there don't be to quick to give up on it.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Site Guru

I need a new bow this year. I have a mathews MQ32 Which I do like but it does not have the draw legnth I need without a loop which I don't really want to deal with.

Not sure what your draw length is but a sting loop should NOT change your draw length, it should be on there for comfort and convience. The arrow nock should line up the exact same if you have a 1 foot loop as if you have a 1 inch loop. Just FYI.

I also have a mathews outback and don't like it. I shot four deer with it last year and it seems to heavy(for out west) and also to slow!

SELL IT!!! there is still a huge market for used outbacks and you can easily get 450.00+ out of just the bare bow. Don't wait to long, once the new bows come out the price drops even more. If your not happy don't wait, pawn it now! One great thing about Mathews is the resale

used to shoot a PSE XLR500 twin cam bow I know it was an antiuqe but I only had one pin from 20 to 40

This is possible but you weren't hitting the same. More then likely your site was set at 30 yards, your 20 yard arrow hit a few inches high and your 40 a few inches low. Still fine for hunting. If you set your site up this way on your Outback you would hold a 1/2 inch low when shooting 20 yards and 1/2 an inch high at 40yards, try it, it will work

I want to try the Diablo, Bowtech and Diamond? And I am also going to try the XT even though I am disapointed

Don't rule out the Reflex / Hoyt line, the PSE Line, and the new Fred Bear bows. All are very good shooting bows and not TO expensive. Bowtech is definately the most expensive on your list, If your looking to just get out of your Outback and into something else I would definatly look at the Fred Bears, I've heard great things about the Vapor, you can shoot them at Cabelas

Default Thanks guys,

I know that I was so used to the old PSE that I had one crosshair sight and I was so good with it I instictivly shot up or down on deers body to kill shot but thats what I mean I was so damn good at it. I never thought twice I could make the shot! I guess the reality is keep shooting all bows I can till I find that feeling again with a bow. But that takes more than 10 minutes at the lanes. And some in field exposer. I am just tired of the wasted money and time.

My advice would be to go and shoot as many bows as you can. Find the best one that suits your needs. Try them all Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech and Diamond and see which one you like the best.

You definately need to shoot absolutely every bow you can get your hands on. You never know when the right bow will come. For me it was the XT. You want speed find an APA Black Mamba now thats fast still not 1 pin 20-40 but fast.
    Make a day of it with a friend get on the web find nearest dealers for Mathews,Hoyt,Bowtech,PSE,Martin,Parker,Ross,Diamon d,Reflex, and last but certainly not least check out the new line of bows by Bear/Jennings they are very nice and nicely priced I know there are other great manufacturers out there but this is just my list of ones to try. Then after you line up dealers call them to see what they have in stock to try. Some dealers only have a couple of bows in house to try you want to kill as many birds with one trip as possible. Maybe find a dealer that deals in 3 or 4 from the group. Good luck and have fun with a friend.

"HONDA"

Default Try This!

I just recently purchased a Ben Pearson "Spoiler Angle". It has a slanted grip on it. Its wierd at first but if you shoot it a couple time it feels real comfortable. Its a low end priced bow and I can keep up with my dad who just purchased the XT. Could be the shooter also, but he's been shooting longer than me. I don't know! Just try it out!