You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New to site

Default New to site

I have decided to start shooting 3D again and thought I would check into a couple of forums to see what was hot and what is not. Ten years ago, there were tons of people shooting High Country bows. What happened? I see they have a few new products out, but NOBODY seems to be shooting HCA. I made a post over on the HCA forum a couple days ago asking what was going on and have heard nothing but crickets so far. Thoughts?

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

HCA was on top back in the day. However they went through a bunch of designers had some problems. Had horrible customer service for a few years. Not to mention pissed off alot of dealers a few years back when they started selling direct to the customer.

All that said they started to make some changes and right the ship, so to speak. Apparently there is an improvement in customer service and the products they now have seem to be very solid, well built, good performing bows.

I'm just not sure alot of people can get the bad taste out of their mouths....
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

To the foru here.
    2008 Diamond Black Ice @ 65#/C.P. Oneida Extreme
    Easton Axis Carbon ST 340, Q.A.D. Ultra-Rest,
    G5 Optix SE Sight, G5 Meta Peep, Tru-Fire Excalibur II Release, NAP Thunderhead 100gr. BHs
    Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net

That would be "forum".
    2008 Diamond Black Ice @ 65#/C.P. Oneida Extreme
    Easton Axis Carbon ST 340, Q.A.D. Ultra-Rest,
    G5 Optix SE Sight, G5 Meta Peep, Tru-Fire Excalibur II Release, NAP Thunderhead 100gr. BHs
    Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net

and don't be afraid to post and ask questions.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am still learning what is hot right now as far as bows, arrows, sights, etc. Mathews and Bowtech seem to spend A_L_O_T on advertisement, so obviously they are hot bows (and according to this past weekends Arkansas Bowhunter Assocation's Spring shoot, that statement really holds true). Seemed everyone was shooting a different arrow, all carbon but me of course. (I literally took off my broadheads on my 2413 XX78's and screwed in my 125gr field points, threw my old Toxonics movable on and changed out my peep last Friday for Sunday's shoot ). I didn't figure I would fare too well.............and I didn't . I grabbed a new Carter Back tension off ebay last night for 80 bucks, so that is a good start on getting back in the groove.