You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Kisser button problem for a friend

Ok heres the deal a buddy of mine just bought a new XT. His problems is he has always used a kisser button on his bows. But when he had one put on the XT about the 3rd shot POW......kisser hit roller guard and busted now he is trying to figure out if there is something else he could use for kisser I suggested using an eliminator button :?: but since I have never used a kisser I'm just not sure what he could do. Have any of you that use kissers experienced this problem? Or is there something wrong here the dealer he uses is pretty hard headed and instead of trying to help him told him to just shoot without the kisser. The dealer is just waiting until he can retire I cannot wait until then so my buddy will come to my dealer who has always tried to help me with any problem I have had. Sorry for long post just upset that his dealer will not try to help him.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Ok heres the deal a buddy of mine just bought a new XT. His problems is he has always used a kisser button on his bows. But when he had one put on the XT about the 3rd shot POW......kisser hit roller guard and busted now he is trying to figure out if there is something else he could use for kisser I suggested using an eliminator button :?: but since I have never used a kisser I'm just not sure what he could do. Have any of you that use kissers experienced this problem? Or is there something wrong here the dealer he uses is pretty hard headed and instead of trying to help him told him to just shoot without the kisser. The dealer is just waiting until he can retire I cannot wait until then so my buddy will come to my dealer who has always tried to help me with any problem I have had. Sorry for long post just upset that his dealer will not try to help him.
    A kisser is nothing but a crutch that supports poor form If he has good form he doesn't need a kisser button at all, especially if using a peep.

Have him use the tip of his nose to the sting, and a firm point behind his ear.

Maybe he could tie some serving in a repeated overhand knot on the string and then put some serving glue or super glue on it to hold it. Just tie a knot then wrap it around to the opposite side and tie it there, do this back and forth. Just a thought.
    Switchback 28"
    Scott Longhorn III
    Scott Mongoose
    Easton Fatboy 400 (344 grains- 260fps@58lbs)
    Specialty Archery Superstix
    NAP Drop way
    Sims Vibration
    Spot Hogg Sights

"A bad day of target shooting is still better than a good day of work".

This fella does not care about form. He only shoots about 100 arrows a year and he kills deer almost every year. He simply wants something he is comfortable and confident with.

"HONDA"

mayb wrap dental floss around the string .... just enough so he could feel it there ?

Site Guru

then why doesn't he just put on another kisser button?

I would have to say that the kisser was too low if that was the problem....

What I think may ahve really happend is the kisser may have been on there but not anchored
    I cut things up and split them down!

Dredly at 3 shots per kisser(approx) even though he does'nt shoot much thats around 30 kissers a year.

The kisser was on there good it was at almost the top of center serving, when it hit it only busted off a little peice first time then the rest came off later. I am still leaning towards the e-button just mark the serving and make sure its there before shooting or serve it on both sides. Thanks for the suggestions fellas I'll talk to him this weekend.

"HONDA"

put a small serving knot above and below it, should keep it in place.....

has anyone else seen this problem w/XT's or any other bow for that matter...

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    put a small serving knot above and below it, should keep it in place.....

has anyone else seen this problem w/XT's or any other bow for that matter...
    doesn't the XT have the new curved roller guard on it? If he puts an STS on his bow the string won't go up far enough to hit the guard. I wouldn't think.

Is this a possible soution?

The problem here is that Frank thinks that if you have a WB on your bow it makes everything better .....

And if you spend more than 4 dollars on your bow you should not need a $42 STS......

Sorry frankie I just could not resist.....I would put an STS or the like on every bow if I could.....They will and do make every bow better.....and that is the bottem line, cuz I said so.......

And besides Dredly agrees so it has to be right......

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    And besides Dredly agrees so it has to be right......
    darn straight!

You guys are killing me

Ok OK Ok I will order an STS next week. I'll just have to walk 30 miles to work instead of buying gas to pay for it. J/K

And just to let you know putting a WB will make alot of things better and thats the bottom line. Cuz I said so

"HONDA"

Site Guru

And just to let you know putting a WB will make alot of things better and thats the bottom line. Cuz I said so
    Guess you can't argue with that can ya

Sure Adam can he just does'nt know any better. POOR POOR lost little Adam. Come and follow me and I will lead you to the land of proper arrow flight my young friend. I will lead the question is CAN YOU FOLLOW

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Sure Adam can he just does'nt know any better. POOR POOR lost little Adam. Come and follow me and I will lead you to the land of proper arrow flight my young friend. I will lead the question is CAN YOU FOLLOW
    guess that would depend on if you were walking up wind or not and what you had to drink the night before...

My flight is fine and you know I really like these quikspins......how do you like them Frank??? Oh yeah you cant shoot them thru your Whispy Biter.......guess youll never know how great they are......

I never liked the original QS when I had my other rest. Blazers are the greatest vanes in my opinion. Even if I did not shoot a biscuit. I will probably put my ripcord or get a TT after hunting season and do some experimenting. But come time for hunting again and the biscuit is back on.

"HONDA"