You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Sure Loc Advice Needed

My son recently gave me a nice older Sure Loc sight. It has monofiliment crosshairs in the sight. It came with a nice case and in the case is a glass scope which I don't use and really don't want to use. My eyes are ok, I just can't see the crosshairs good enough to shoot well. I dabbed some white paint on the crosshairs but still need something else. I am familiar with hunting fixed sights but not this type. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Bochim

Not sure what sight you have but if sure loc does not have a light that will fit your model there are plenty of after market lights that can be made to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    Not sure what sight you have but if sure loc does not have a light that will fit your model there are plenty of after market lights that can be made to work.
    Thanks for the reply. Could you recommend a sight that would attach to the sure loc mount I have? It looks just like the newer ones. It has a nice slide. Is there something I could buy to mount on the circle sight I have now. There is a place to mount the glass on the front of the scope. I know I am asking some dumb questions but I have never gone this route before.
    Bochim

Well,

What kind of scope is on the sight ?

There are several options, depending on the scope type, for really fixing that problem that likely will not cost much.

I pin and a longer piece of fiber wrapped partially around the scope is a popular option.

Or a pin with a short piece of fiber in it about an inch-inch and a half long is another option.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Well,

What kind of scope is on the sight ?

There are several options, depending on the scope type, for really fixing that problem that likely will not cost much.

I pin and a longer piece of fiber wrapped partially around the scope is a popular option.

Or a pin with a short piece of fiber in it about an inch-inch and a half long is another option.

Ron
    Ron,
    I do not really want to use a scope. I am looking to either buying a new sight housing or using the one I have to mount something else in. I just don't know what.
    Bochim

Quote Originally Posted by Bochim View Post
    Ron,
    I do not really want to use a scope. I am looking to either buying a new sight housing or using the one I have to mount something else in. I just don't know what.
    Bochim
    Check out www.lancasterarchery.com as well as the store here on 3D Shoots.

There are a lot of offerings for different types of shooting and most all of them are good.

Give us more information on what ou want to use the bow for and what your shooting interests are. That would help narrow some things down quite a bit actually.

Keep posting information and questions. There are good people out here that have a lot of good advice.

Oh, and do you have any way of posting a picture of the sight/scope ? That would help us a lot as well understand what you are working with.

A lot of us know Sure-Loc sights but there are a lot of scopes out there to go along with that. The sight you have been given is good. It's a matter of getting you a good sight picture. A lot of us will be glad to help. Give us as much information as you can.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 03-31-2009 at 10:28 PM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Default Thanks Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Check out www.lancasterarchery.com as well as the store here on 3D Shoots.

There are a lot of offerings for different types of shooting and most all of them are good.

Give us more information on what ou want to use the bow for and what your shooting interests are. That would help narrow some things down quite a bit actually.

Keep posting information and questions. There are good people out here that have a lot of good advice.

Oh, and do you have any way of posting a picture of the sight/scope ? That would help us a lot as well understand what you are working with.

A lot of us know Sure-Loc sights but there are a lot of scopes out there to go along with that. The sight you have been given is good. It's a matter of getting you a good sight picture. A lot of us will be glad to help. Give us as much information as you can.

Ron
    Great answers, thanks to all. Got some direction now.
    Bochim