You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: R100 rules

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default R100 rules

    New to 3d. How many fixed pins in the hunter class and is there a max. speed? Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default R100 rules

    I dont belive there is a pin or speed restrictions at the R100, but alot of shoots follow ibo rules........ibo.net

  3. #3

    Default rules

    4 pins for hunter class

    280 ft per second and or 5 grain per max poundage. 70 lbs = 350 grain.
    "Just passin' thru @ 300+ FPS"

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Not quite sure what to do with these 2 opposing responses. I emailed R100 and have yet to get a response. Would like to be able to verify.

  5. #5

    Default rules

    we do not have opposing statements.....he just told you the ibo rules...and you most likely will not here back from rinehart unless you said you wanted to buy an a**load of targets, their cust. service is horrible....hope that clears things up a bit

    Tom

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Thanks. I understand now, one reply was to R100, the other to IBO rules which R100 doesn't use. Thats what I needed.

  7. #7
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    There are no documented rules for hunter class in terms of arrow speed, pin count or anyhing else. It's just simply hunter (fixed pins) and open (anything goes) classes for adults. Any binos but no range finders.

    It's a fun shoot with pople of a lot of ages and abilities. They do not inspect equipment at all and you do your own scoring. It's self-policing basically.

    Prizes are handed out raffle style and have nothing to do with finishing order.

    If you get 1000 points or more over 2 days you get an R-100 pin. Hunter class shooters are spotted 50 points as a 'handicap'. Adults shoot from 1 stake, kids from a second stake about 1/3 to 1/2 the distace to the target from the adult stake depending on the target distance and size.

    Hope that helps.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  8. #8
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Thanks Ron, that is good to know.. we plan on attending our first R100 in a couple weeks in Texas, anyone else going to it?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  9. #9
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Thanks Ron, that is good to know.. we plan on attending our first R100 in a couple weeks in Texas, anyone else going to it?
    I wish....

    Th R-100 is a lot of fun. Great people and they put on a good shoot, but it also depends a lot on the venue and the people that run the venue. The R-100 guy the last couple of years was great. Very nice and fun to be around. I hope he's still doing it.

    The targets are also really neat. You don't shoot at a alien at a normal 3D shoot every weekend ... Amongst other novelty targets they have. Bat, alien, big furry grizzly bear, giraffe, etc.... It's a ton of fun, you'll enjoy it.

    Check out the link from some of us at Wabash, IN last Summer: http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17625

    Their novelty shoots are a ton of fun too. The bionic buck was a real laugh out loud event....

    There were a bunch of us there.... And we're going again this year.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  10. #10
    Senior Member J.A.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I wish....

    Th R-100 is a lot of fun. Great people and they put on a good shoot, but it also depends a lot on the venue and the people that run the venue. The R-100 guy the last couple of years was great. Very nice and fun to be around. I hope he's still doing it.

    The targets are also really neat. You don't shoot at a alien at a normal 3D shoot every weekend ... Amongst other novelty targets they have. Bat, alien, big furry grizzly bear, giraffe, etc.... It's a ton of fun, you'll enjoy it.

    Check out the link from some of us at Wabash, IN last Summer: http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17625

    Their novelty shoots are a ton of fun too. The bionic buck was a real laugh out loud event....

    There were a bunch of us there.... And we're going again this year.

    Ron
    i would love to be able to make that one and meet all the fatboys.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

  11. #11
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    i would love to be able to make that one and meet all the fatboys.
    Yeah that would be awsome, but a few of us are trying to not be so fat anymore....

    The fidmeiser might need to change the name.... Oh, but that would cost too much so leaving it the same is fine.....

    We had too much fun last year and we'll have too much fun ths year too....

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  12. #12
    Junior Member Ranana_CloK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7

    Default R100 rules

    I will edit this tonight with the rules I think are fair. I need help from people that are in the tournament with what rules will be best.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    How many different stakes are there? Is there a challenge stake, hunters, womens, kids, etc...? Just trying to figure out how far I will need to make sure my bow is sighted in for

  14. #14
    oushot1to
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki00 View Post
    How many different stakes are there? Is there a challenge stake, hunters, womens, kids, etc...? Just trying to figure out how far I will need to make sure my bow is sighted in for
    There is only 2 stakes Adults shoot from anywhere between 15 to 40 yrs.

  15. #15
    BOWNUTS jdawg240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki00 View Post
    How many different stakes are there? Is there a challenge stake, hunters, womens, kids, etc...? Just trying to figure out how far I will need to make sure my bow is sighted in for
    One stake for adults, one steak for kids. Hunter class equipment will get you 50 bonus points per 50 target side.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

  16. #16
    Junior Member Nelo-k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Default R100 rules

    Rules still look really good. Im just hoping we get adequate time to test out having the cabinets as far apart as we had in mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 173
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 08:51 AM
  2. R100 rules??
    By WiHunter in forum Rinehart R100 Tournaments
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 08:52 PM
  3. Rules for 3D ??
    By SICBob in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
  4. RULES? What Rules.
    By 'SIN'ERGY in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 08:59 PM
  5. The Rules
    By gunner in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •