You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default 08 diamond rock need help setting up.HELP

Ok i bought a diamond rock 08. it has a 3 pin sight. thats it. i need everything.It is my first bow and dont know anything.
    does anyone have one? how do you have it set up? i will be hunting with it. What aroows,size, and weight. What rest? what stabilizer? what release? where to start? what do i buy first? thanks remember im a neewbee. dont laugh everyone started somewhere.

help thanks.

bump bump bumb tttttttttttttttttttttttt

go to a pro shot and they will head you in the right direction
    scott's string shooting staff
    mathews conq apex
    doinker stabilizer
    g5 expert I rest
    carbon express maxima

Default I'll offer up a what I know

Well, you are going to need an arrow rest, a whisker biscuit seems very common around my neck of the woods as far as that goes.

You will need a peep sight to line up with your sight, essentially to aim better.

If you plan on shooting with a trigger (which I suggest you do to save your fingers getting shredded constantly pulling back a 60lb line) you will need a "D-loop" installed on your bow.

That would be the basics. If you go to the nearest pro-shop, they would be better equipped to explain to you how to line up your sights, and as an added bonus most shops would install the stuff you buy from them free of charge, and they will set you up to the correct draw weight and length.

As far as arrows go, you will need to check out some manufacturers websites and consult the charts there depending on the length of the arrow you want and your draw weight.

Hope that helps,
    PSE Stinger, Mongoose arrow quiver, Top gun 3 pin sight, Whisker Biscuit arrow rest, Cobra 8 oz stabilizer, X weave 200 arrows, Tru-ball "stinger" release

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyewhis View Post
    Ok i bought a diamond rock 08. it has a 3 pin sight. thats it. i need everything.It is my first bow and dont know anything.
    does anyone have one? how do you have it set up? i will be hunting with it. What aroows,size, and weight. What rest? what stabilizer? what release? where to start? what do i buy first? thanks remember im a neewbee. dont laugh everyone started somewhere.
    Good Pin sight is a Sure Lock QC2 I believe. Good single pin adjustable sight is HHA. Rests.. I use PSE Prowler, but I would just look at any drop away rest, any that you like. Just get a cheaper release (Tru Ball) till you really want a good one then go with a Carter release. Arrow size depends on the #lb you pull.(Id get carbon arrows if I where you, aluminum arrows bend a lot easier) If I'm not mistaken its around 5 grain per lb of pull. Stabilizer id go with something smaller then 12" (Doinker) because of the different class's that you would have to shoot with something longer. So with all that in mind its all really in personal pref but I hope to have steared you in the right direction, I have only been shooting for about 6 months now but I spent good money on my stuff. Just remember the cheaper you are the most likely your going to replace.

Hope this helped
    PSE X-Force Dream Season '08, PSE Prowler drop away,
    HHA Optimizer Lite Elite adjustable sight, Doinker 11.5",
    70 lb Pull with 350 Grain PSE Carbon Force target arrows

Welcome to the site!
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000