You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Telling the TRUTH or pulling WOOL?

Help me PLEASE! How can a person stop false scoring on score cards ? It is becoming a major problem at dif. leages around the state and tourny's. And need less to say it does NOT teach our future shooters a darn thing.
    Good Help Only!!!!

We like to have one person keep score for all, and if anyone in the group has a problem with that then we tell them to keep thier score as backup to the official scorer for that day. We all call out the scores at each target and clearly mark them down for each person to see, that way there is no confusion or debate later on when the shooting is done. We then add them up and have each person double check thier own cards. So far thats the best way for our groups to submit and tally an honest score.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Don't know how you can police other groups though...its up to all of us competetive shooters to police ourselves in the end, but it starts with your own group ya know.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    We like to have one person keep score for all, and if anyone in the group has a problem with that then we tell them to keep thier score as backup to the official scorer for that day. We all call out the scores at each target and clearly mark them down for each person to see, that way there is no confusion or debate later on when the shooting is done. We then add them up and have each person double check thier own cards. So far thats the best way for our groups to submit and tally an honest score.
    I agree with you 100% I think calling out LOUD the arrow score would take care of any problems even if good shooter slips up now and then.

Yep we just go off the scorecard order and do each one at a time, never hurry and all must vote on the close shots...its the best way our groups have come to agree upon..

Shotgun starts and pair up against their competition so they will keep eye on one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    Shotgun starts and pair up against their competition so they will keep eye on one another.
    Yes we try to start on the top of the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    Which I'm all for as well..

Default Shotgun starts

Quote Originally Posted by 10s'andbetter View Post
    Help me PLEASE! How can a person stop false scoring on score cards ? It is becoming a major problem at dif. leages around the state and tourny's. And need less to say it does NOT teach our future shooters a darn thing.
    Good Help Only!!!!
    Break the groups up. Everyone starts and finishs at the same time.

Other wise go shoot and dont sweat it if someone is cheating.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by 10s'andbetter View Post
    Good Help Only!!!!
    report them or dont let them score. just let them pull the arrows ! the one thing I've found about cheaters is that they will always cheat. So if you want it to stop. your gonna have to make an effort to stop them !!! thats why having to scorers clears up alot of scoring issue's. at each target make sure both have same score. And break the groups up. We have that here alittle too. groups of buddies shoot together and shoot real good. Break them up and there true talents show!
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I have the some people do the same thing were i shoot , when i said something about it i was takein off of the web site or u get the cold sholder

Default Telling the TRUTH or pulling WOOL

NO Who will benefit from him telling the truth? No-one

It would be selfish for him to tell the truth, for him to clear his mind. He should simply learn from his mistake and treat his partner with more respect

Blessed and Forgiven bowhunterj's Avatar

point it out to the range officials that is a problem. simple if the person is caught cheating then if he refuses to correct the scores then he is disqualified from that shoot. and must leave the range for that shoot, but give him the chance to correct his err.
    Faithful Servant of the Lord God
    Diamond Black Ice T.R.U. Ball release
    Rockin the target for Christ!!!