You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Telling the TRUTH or pulling WOOL?

Help me PLEASE! How can a person stop false scoring on score cards ? It is becoming a major problem at dif. leages around the state and tourny's. And need less to say it does NOT teach our future shooters a darn thing.
    Good Help Only!!!!

We like to have one person keep score for all, and if anyone in the group has a problem with that then we tell them to keep thier score as backup to the official scorer for that day. We all call out the scores at each target and clearly mark them down for each person to see, that way there is no confusion or debate later on when the shooting is done. We then add them up and have each person double check thier own cards. So far thats the best way for our groups to submit and tally an honest score.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Don't know how you can police other groups though...its up to all of us competetive shooters to police ourselves in the end, but it starts with your own group ya know.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    We like to have one person keep score for all, and if anyone in the group has a problem with that then we tell them to keep thier score as backup to the official scorer for that day. We all call out the scores at each target and clearly mark them down for each person to see, that way there is no confusion or debate later on when the shooting is done. We then add them up and have each person double check thier own cards. So far thats the best way for our groups to submit and tally an honest score.
    I agree with you 100% I think calling out LOUD the arrow score would take care of any problems even if good shooter slips up now and then.

Yep we just go off the scorecard order and do each one at a time, never hurry and all must vote on the close shots...its the best way our groups have come to agree upon..

Shotgun starts and pair up against their competition so they will keep eye on one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    Shotgun starts and pair up against their competition so they will keep eye on one another.
    Yes we try to start on the top of the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
    Which I'm all for as well..

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Which I'm all for as well..
    Another thing that i am going to suggest is felt tip pens and get rid of the pencils.

Blessed and Forgiven bowhunterj's Avatar

well the only thing i have on this is " If jesus was standing over your shoulder would you cheat? The thing is he is always watching us " Think about it
    I was at the paris asa shoot in the pro/am and we had shooter in the novice class moving up when they didnt need to (30 yards) i told the group i was shooting with i told them i would rather lose and answer to God that i did it right than lie and pay the price
    Last edited by bowhunterj; 04-12-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Faithful Servant of the Lord God
    Diamond Black Ice T.R.U. Ball release
    Rockin the target for Christ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterj View Post
    well the only thing i have on this is " If jesus was standing over your shoulder would you cheat? The thing is he is always watching us " Think about it
    I was at the paris asa shoot in the pro/am and we had shooter in the novice class moving up when they didnt need to (30 yards) i told the group i was shooting with i told them i would rather lose and answer to God that i did it right than lie and pay the price
    You don't understand I live were God the savior does not mean a thing to so people. If they can cheat I think they will because they just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterj View Post
    He always is brutha....

you might want to try one person to keep the score for the group. and one person keep score for the score keeper? might keep some honest.

Talking If I need to cheat !

I would not do it,once you live a lie ,that lie lives with you and shows the character of the kind of person one is ,besides Jesus could use some competition ,put him on the shooting line !

Draw for groups, no more than 2 buddies in a single group.
    2 score keepers per group, seperate cards.
    Score cards must match at the end.
    Scores called out loud.
    Must be a group concensus on score.

I'm pretty fortunate that there aren't many cheaters out were I shoot. You always here rumors but I've never seen anyone cheating.

The group I shoot with always has one person keeping score and we usually rotate that person every shoot. Another person pulls arrows and calls out all the scores before doing so. If anyone has a question there is time to speak up before the arrows are pulled. Line cutters are always a group concensus.

A lot of times I take my son to the shoots with me and his stroller won't make it down the shooting lanes and I've never once been cheated out of points.

Grew up with a cheater. He would cheat on anything. Tennis, football, baseball. I am sure he is still out there cheating. If someone has to cheat to win, they already lost. Pity them. They are damaging themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by archerybuff View Post
    Draw for groups, no more than 2 buddies in a single group.
    2 score keepers per group, seperate cards.
    Score cards must match at the end.
    Scores called out loud.
    Must be a group concensus on score.
    AMEN!

2 score cards per group is the best way. Also shoot with strangers as often as possible. There are alot of good ole boy groups that are just shooting for fun, but if you are serious about everything IE keeping talk chatter down, being thoughtful as far as time, and not glassing from the stake after you shoot, then try to shoot with shooters of the same opinions.

2 cards, 2 scorers are the best way to discourage cheating.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Mag41vance View Post
    AMEN!

2 score cards per group is the best way. Also shoot with strangers as often as possible. There are alot of good ole boy groups that are just shooting for fun, but if you are serious about everything IE keeping talk chatter down, being thoughtful as far as time, and not glassing from the stake after you shoot, then try to shoot with shooters of the same opinions.

2 cards, 2 scorers are the best way to discourage cheating.
    Have ya a big fellar dressed up like Ali baba and give him a big cruved sword and let him patrol the range

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default Shotgun starts

Quote Originally Posted by 10s'andbetter View Post
    Help me PLEASE! How can a person stop false scoring on score cards ? It is becoming a major problem at dif. leages around the state and tourny's. And need less to say it does NOT teach our future shooters a darn thing.
    Good Help Only!!!!
    Break the groups up. Everyone starts and finishs at the same time.

Other wise go shoot and dont sweat it if someone is cheating.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers