You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Bowtech Commander bow thoughts.

Buddy is considering this bow used. Whats everone thoughts who has shot or owned one of these bows.
    Thanks DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Cannot go wrong with any of the center pivot designs IMO. The quietest, most shock free bows i've ever shot. I absolutely love the standard factory grips on the Bowtechs also. I'd say don't hesitate if the price is right!

I own the General and have shot the others and am considering a Sentinel sometime this year to use for 3D, but now that you mention it.....I may look for a used Commander myself and save some cash!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

As far as Center Pivot designs go, I agree you can't go wrong. The Guardian is probably one of the best bows I've owned, and I almost regret selling it.

It's hard for me to say on the Commander becuase the one I have is a 50lb max draw that I bought for my wife and all I can compare it to is my 70lb models. Plus, I've only shot it a handful of times, I can tell you that pulling 50lb's is a lot smoother than pulling 70lbs.

I believe it does have a draw stop on it, which I like and is one of the only things I didn't like about my Guardian.

I'm sure it's just like my other BowTechs and is definitely a shooter.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Top notch bow. Can't say enough good things about it. Make sure he gets the 2008 cams though. There is a big difference between the 2008 & 2007 cams.
    I've shot them for indoors and 3D, no complaints at all. Great grip, great brace height and plenty of speed for what I was trying to accomplish.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Some shooters with long draw lengths complain about seeing the cables through the peep sight. If his draw is under 30" it should be fine.
    Elite Archery Dealer
    Bowtech Dealer
    Carbon Express Dealer
    Sword Accusite Pro Staff

The Commander is a Great choice! I wouldn't hesitate to buy one in a heartbeat.

I bought a Sentinel this year (it's 09 cousin) and I Love the way it draws, holds, and shoots.

Very Nice indeed!!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Thumbs up

I own the 07 model I love mines its one the the best bows I have shoot
    Sword Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff
    JBK Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Wac Em Broadheads Pro Staff

You can see from my signature that I also own an '08 Commander, in Testaross. Love the bow. Do not expect to ever get another. Sometimes wonder why they continued making other models after designing & making such a great bow.

If it's in good condition, tell your buddy to get it. I bought mine pre-owned in great condition in 2009 for $400. Haven't looked back since. If for some mysterious reason he doesn't like it, he won't have any trouble selling it. Buying this bow would be a no brainer.
    "A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
    2007/2008 Commander: 60lb/28" DL, HHA OL5519, Code Red, Choc Addiction, .400 Axis, Self-made Shoot-Thru
    2010 Elite GT500: 60lb/HHA DS5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, Victory VForce HV 400
    1965 Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve 50lb, 52", Original Bear Quiver & Cedar Arrows