You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: tuning question

Default tuning question

Hey everybody first off I'll tell you what I have
    Buckmaster G2SL 27" draw 65#, Whisker Biscuit,S Coil Stabilizer, CAP Foxfire Sights,Gold Tip 5575 Expedition Hunter cut to 26.5" with 100 grain tips 4" vantec Vanes with Tune-A-Nocks
    Now my question I have been shooting and tuning myself for a couple years and this is a new one to me usually I center the arrow with a centering tool and it will paper tune pretty well but, with this bow it was showing a point high right tear pretty bad I had to move the arrow to the left so that if you look from above you can see the arrow running left compared to the stabilizer. It appears to be shooting well and grouping good from 10-30 yards have'nt tried 40 yet but has anyone seen one that had to be so far left of center any help would be great thx

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joracing3 View Post
    Hey everybody first off I'll tell you what I have
    Buckmaster G2SL 27" draw 65#, Whisker Biscuit,S Coil Stabilizer, CAP Foxfire Sights,Gold Tip 5575 Expedition Hunter cut to 26.5" with 100 grain tips 4" vantec Vanes with Tune-A-Nocks
    Now my question I have been shooting and tuning myself for a couple years and this is a new one to me usually I center the arrow with a centering tool and it will paper tune pretty well but, with this bow it was showing a point high right tear pretty bad I had to move the arrow to the left so that if you look from above you can see the arrow running left compared to the stabilizer. It appears to be shooting well and grouping good from 10-30 yards have'nt tried 40 yet but has anyone seen one that had to be so far left of center any help would be great thx
    Your arrows may not be spined correctly, or its an optical illusion. It could also be that when at rest your WB isn't set right and when you draw it pushes the arrow to straight?

I have no experience with Tune-A-Nocks, never even heard of them so I can't say anything good or bad about them.

PS: i thinks its the G2 XL not SL?

thx for the reply and also it is g2sl its a shorter version 30" axle to axle

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joracing3 View Post
    thx for the reply and also it is g2sl its a shorter version 30" axle to axle
    Cool, didn't even know that bow existed