You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Talking The best youth bow!

This is a review of the Darton Ranger II in my own sons words.

My dad brought home a new Darton bow for me, Whoa-how awesome. Just the other day I took my new Darton bow to my first 3D shoot in Jeddo, MI... I got 13Xs and top score of the day. My favorite part of the bow is my sight because it light up. I practice at home with my dad Tim Daniels the greatest archer known to man uh? My mom made me say that. Ethen Daniels

My comments
    I recently pick up a Darton Ranger II for my 8 year old son. The Darton Ranger II is the best youth bow made for our small archers. With draw lengths from 17 to 28 and a limb draw weigh range from 15-45# it will be the only bow that my son will need until he as grown into a young adult. All of the draw modules that you will ever need come with this bow. I found the technical bulletin is very easy to understand. I set it up using the A module at 18 and 20# then installed a Sword Apex Hunter and a GKF TM Hunter. He was very impressed with the over all looks of his new bow. The grip is narrow and very conformable for his hand. This has improved his groups and consistency. I can see that he has been holding on target better than his old bow. When my son shot a 297 with 13Xs at a local 3D range I knew I made the right choice. He has asked if he will be able to hunt deer with this bow when he is old enough. I know that it has more than enough performance to get the job done on a whitetail or two.

Here is a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

Today my 9 year old son graduated {grown} to 20 1/4" draw length using the Number 2 module cable anchor B post on the Darton Ranger II. He is 52 1/2" tall and has a 51" wing span. I have it set at 24# and its holding 8#. I know of a guy who just got this bow for his wife after trying my sons set at her draw length. Now my wife is liking the Ranger more than the Tempest she is now shooting. I find that they all like the grip and over mass weight of the Ranger. The bow is defiantly a best buy for some our smaller framed archers with draw from 17" to 27" using draw weight between 12# to 45#.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
    Today my 9 year old son graduated {grown} to 20 1/4" draw length using the Number 2 module cable anchor B post on the Darton Ranger II. He is 52 1/2" tall and has a 51" wing span. I have it set at 24# and its holding 8#. I know of a guy who just got this bow for his wife after trying my sons set at her draw length. Now my wife is liking the Ranger more than the Tempest she is now shooting. I find that they all like the grip and over mass weight of the Ranger. The bow is defiantly a best buy for some our smaller framed archers with draw from 17" to 27" using draw weight between 12# to 45#.
    Should I be concerned that your son's form is better then mine?
    No I'm not dead

Default darton

Tell your son congrat's from me and my son.
    we have been bowhuntin since he was 8 he's 19 now & every year he thinks he gonna catch up with me.
    When he was 12 he took a buttin buck by his self with me in eye sight of him
    he got in a lock on harness up & took him at 22yds using a browning micro-midas 45lbs/21in draw/1913eastonxx75/80gr tuunderhead.
    since then he took 3 more deer with that bow nothing big but he's a shooter.
    again congrat's
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Congrates. I do believe the ranger II is a excellent bow. but, there are alot of very good youth bows that are comparable to the ranger. hoyt trykon sport/ banshee, browning micro adenalin and midas, alpine, martin jaguar.. I am happy that darton has made leaps this year. I like that its a michigan based company..
    My 5 year old shot at our indoor 3d league last week and shot even. Though max for him was 15 yards. I was very proud. In a few years he will be owning me. Now that he's shooting one of my Tru-ball Bt gold 3's. his scores went from in the 270's to the 290's as an average.. The only thing is . i'm a PSE guy and he's shooting a 2006 Hoyt banshee. I have oopened his eyes to every bow on the market. and he chose the Banshee.
    I think at ASA state shoots he is going to be my ringer. LOL !!! The wierd thing is. he was never interested until he watched me at a national shoot last year. Now I cant get him to put his bow down. He is alittle addicted I think. I shoot for about an hour every day and he is right there w/ me in the basement. I know how you feel Whitetail. I am very proud also. Tell your sone we at 3dshoots.com " Are Very proud" especially since he's from my home state.. Good luck to him in the future!!! and awesome shooting..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Any bow that gets a kid shooting and into archery and bowhunting is a great bow! We had over 50 kids shooting in our youth league this winter and have almost every bow you can think off, and regardless of brand, great instruction and fun had smiles all around. On a side note, my 11 yearolds got their Parker Challenger XPs and they are a great shooting very quiet bow with little recoil. If your kid can shoot a 21 inch draw they're definately worth a look. My only reservation was the draw length moduales, but our local shop will trade them out for no charge!! Gabe

Talking

The Darton Ranger II I picked up came with all the draw modules.