You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Sights...

Default Sights...

I am looking for recommendations on hunting sights... There are so many of them to choose from and they are all the best and most advanced according to the packaging. I don't like the whisker biscuit. Had a bad experience with one at 40yd.
    Sometimes we hit the target, but miss the self…

Gary

Default Sights

Are you asking about sights or rests?

Viper Archery makes a good sight

Extreme makes a good pin sight.

My favorite choice would be the one from Custom Bow Equipment.

Rest the Trophy Taker have always worked for me.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

CHeck out www.vitalgear.net. I have the startrack .19 angular pin and i love it. I shoot from 20 to 70 yards with confidence!.

Also look at www.swordacu-site.com/

You'd prob be looking at the twilight hunter for hunting applications.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Wabbit Huntin

I am a big fan of the Cobra sights.

I am useing the new octane sights this year
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

I hunt with a Sword 3rd plane micro. With 010 pins. You see ALL the vitals ALL the time.

I'm pretty happy with my Cobra Sidewinder Radiant sight. If you like the .019 Dura pins, they can be had from Bowhunters Superstore for around $10 ea. I got my Sidewinder from ebay for around $30 of $40. If I were to upgrade I would probably choose the Sure-Loc Leathal Weapon 2 or the Sure-Loc QC 2. Check this web sight's online store for Sure-Loc prices.

G5 and Tru glo has my choice this year. I've had cobra sights before and I think they are loud because of the fiber optics on the side. Since the fiber optics are one of the farthest pieces of equipment from the bow, the most vibration is focused to that point, thats why I don't shoot em anymore, to loud for my liking
    scott's string shooting staff
    mathews conq apex
    doinker stabilizer
    g5 expert I rest
    carbon express maxima

Quote Originally Posted by camohunter87 View Post
    G5 and Tru glo has my choice this year. I've had cobra sights before and I think they are loud because of the fiber optics on the side. Since the fiber optics are one of the farthest pieces of equipment from the bow, the most vibration is focused to that point, thats why I don't shoot em anymore, to loud for my liking
    I've had 3 Cobra fiber optic sights and no noise from any of them. The Sidewinder has o-rings that have to be tight against each end of the fiber wraps.

For sights I like my Montana Black Gold Flashpoint. And for a rest I like my Ripcord.

"HONDA"

Never thought of using a whisker biscuit as a sight must be something new !

Serious,everyone here knows that you want to know of a good sight,but blame your rest,do you paper tune your bow ?

Default I hunt with spot hogg hunter,but????

Seen this new G2 site system and really liked it. It had 20,30 and 40 yrd fixed pin. but on the 5th pin it was on a turn knob for quick adjustment for long distance. Meaning your standard shots were on a normal fixed pin. and your final pin could be set at 50 or up to 100yrds depending on bow. set your marks on knob which had a white area to mark your yardage. The pin stayed centered when turning the knob. It was a new little twist that I havn't seen before and kinda liked it. I like my spot hog hunter and I'm not gonna change it but cool little product I've seen lately.

Default Paper tune

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Never thought of using a whisker biscuit as a sight must be something new !

Serious,everyone here knows that you want to know of a good sight,but blame your rest,do you paper tune your bow ?
    Yep, and I check it regularly to insure nothing has come loose and moved. Since I currently shoot only spots I send a lot of arrows down range when I practice. The bow I have now was not designed for that amount of use. Things tend to vibrate loose quite a bit.

Yes, I am looking for recommendations on good hunting sights since I am going to take up hunting when I get to TX. I figure every dollar I can save at the grocery store by hunting is a good thing. I have not hunted since I was a adolescent and I have never bow hunted, so it will be an interesting experience to learn and apply those skills so I can put food on the table.

As to the whisker biscuit... I should have done another proof read of the original post...

Any way... I used one for a while because it came with the RTS bow package. Now, in retrospect I think the problem was that I had the wrong size biscuit for the arrows. I could see how the WB created drag and effected the arrow flight. At only 20yd the drop was close to 6". Imagine attempting an 80yd shot with that much drag. I was quite literally afraid to shoot the bow at any distance beyond the 20yd line, thinking I would embarrass my self by not even making it to the target. Now, since most of the people I shoot with are spot shooters I can't even give the thing away... I think it says a lot about the product when none of the Pro-Shops here that deal in used equipment will even give $5.00 cash or trade for it. I am going to hang it on the wall of shame next to my other bad ideas as a reminder of what not to buy ever again.
    Sometimes we hit the target, but miss the self…

Gary

Default Take it easy guys...

Carolina archery products did make a sight therefore he is correct; being they made the Whisker Biscuit also, so give him a break, by the way the AXCEL ARMORTECH-HD is one sweet sight!!! FYI: Trophy Ridge bought Carolina Archery Products a few years back...