You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Drop Away?

Default Best Drop Away?

I'm looking to buy a arrow rest. What are your thoughts on the best drop away on the market? Should I forget all the hype and not get a drop away? I dont know. It's going to go on a Mathews Drenalin. Is trophy taker better than Spot Hog? By the way it's strictly going to be a hunting bow. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by deger View Post
    I'm looking to buy a arrow rest. What are your thoughts on the best drop away on the market? Should I forget all the hype and not get a drop away? I dont know. It's going to go on a Mathews Drenalin. Is trophy taker better than Spot Hog? By the way it's strictly going to be a hunting bow. Thanks for any help.
    The Mathews drop away rest is very nice. I have also warmed up to the Vapor Trail Limb Driver rest. Nicely made stuff and no issues with tuning.

If you have a dren though you should check out the Mahews rest. It's very nice and is a precise fit to the Mathews riser.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Talking No doubt here!

I shoot a Qad on my speed bow (3d target shooter )and use a full containment TT rest on one of my hunting bow (the other three got the W B on them ). Maybe there is some doubt !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I shoot a Qad on my speed bow (3d target shooter )and use a full containment TT rest on one of my hunting bow (the other three got the W B on them ). Maybe there is some doubt !
    Most of the full containment rests are pretty nice.

I don't stalk and I target shoot now more than I used to.

The QAD looks like it would be great. I just never shot a bow with one on there....

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Check out the vital pro. Dead quiet, the containment is awesome, and very hassle free. My favorite fo sho!
    My Vital pro for my Commander was $95.

Quote Originally Posted by deger View Post
    I'm looking to buy a arrow rest. What are your thoughts on the best drop away on the market? ...
    yeah, get a drop away.

I love my Ripcord. I also liked my Trophy Taker. I've heard godd things about the Quad.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

I've always used a WB, but just put the Ripcord on my new bow (only shot about 150 times) I think it is great. Holds the arrow good, just put some moleskin on the prongs and shelf to make it real quiet for hunting.

As far as dropaways go I really like my Ripcord. But I have not tried Mathews new dropaway. Javi says its a very nice rest. So I will be giving it a shot.

"HONDA"

Smile Drop away

For the money (approx 1/2 the cost of most of the other rests) the best drop away on the market is the Alpine Whiserquiet Master. Dual ball bearings on the shaft and you don't need an arrow holder.
    You can turn the bow almost 90degrees and the arrow won't fall off unless it is a 24dia. or larger.
    I have one on each of my bows and have shot 2 60 arrow indoor rounds and 2 112 arrow outdoor rounds minimun per week plus practice for the last two years and have only made one adjustment during that time when I changed arrow sizes.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Fetterolf View Post
    For the money (approx 1/2 the cost of most of the other rests) the best drop away on the market is the Alpine Whiserquiet Master. ....
    I shot the model that comes ready to fit the Sabre. It did the job but has since been replaced. But yeah, for under $40, I can't complain.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

RIPCORD all the way

Old Archer

Thumbs up Drop Aways

Probably a good point here is what gets sold and does not come back to the store, because of failure or unhappyness by the customer. Without a doubt when I worked for Cabela's, about the 40% of the rests where bisquit or the new hostage capture rest. For the drop aways the remaining sold would be something from QAD and the Ripcord. However a early post about the new Matthews rest makes a good point. Go to your dealer and check them all out, the matthews rest was most likely made and designed with your bow in mind. good luck!

I have to say I love my Vital Bow Gear rest. I have the Kaz Away specific for Mathews bows.

That said I'd love to make friends with someone with the mathews rest that's interested in the VBG rest so we can swap and each try something new out. Because at the moment just buying one isn't in the budget!

My favorite hunting rest is still the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone but with that being said my favorite multi use rest is the Limb Driver and that's is what I have on most of my bows

The Mathews Down Force is pretty slick. Happy w/ mine.
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    The Mathews Down Force is pretty slick. Happy w/ mine.
    they do look cool

I like my ripcord but mostly just hunt with the bow. Like the contanement arm, easy to setup, locking in the up position ability is nice as well.
    2008 MARQUIS
    2005 VICTORY
    HHA
    GOLDTIP XTs

Xtreme Archer

Cool

RIPCORD AND SPOTT HOGGIT .019...you can,t go wrong ,I love mathews bows , I have 3 ,but I do not shoot the arrow rest . I have the adrenaline, reezen 7 and dxt......The reezen is the @**^&#!! ......Trust me brother

Limbdriver, limbdriver limbdriver limbdriver limbdriver limbdriver limbdriver limbdriver limbdriver
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Default Shaffer's

I believe that Shaffer's are the best rest well built and made for Matthews and Hoyt bows. They are not very popular and I believe because of price. But as a tool maker I can see the quality the is put into the rest.