You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: ASA Class ?

Default ASA Class ?

I shot in my first ASA shoot in MIssissippi last month. It was in Hunter class and Won $45. I'm wanting to make the transition into open class. Can I shoot in open C in Augusta, or do i have to shoot in Open B because I won money in hunter? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Fouraker View Post
    I shot in my first ASA shoot in MIssissippi last month. It was in Hunter class and Won $45. I'm wanting to make the transition into open class. Can I shoot in open C in Augusta, or do i have to shoot in Open B because I won money in hunter? Thanks
    If I am not mistaking you can shoot in C. Just call your ASA rep for your state.

I'm almost positive you'll have to shoot open B. Open C is pertty much in line with the novice class, hunter in line with open B, and unlimited is parallel to open A. They want to move "laterally" or up. They will however under special circumstances allow you to move down.

I didn't realize this until switching over to open this year from unlimited. My choices were open A or Semi-Pro. I was not permitted to go down to open B. By the way I had never cashed a check in unlimited either.

Default Your fine for open c

Men's Open C 40 yards, 280 FPS
    This class is reserved for participants who shoot at the novice level in the open equipment class in their state, or
    that won less than $300.00 in prize money in their most recent year of ASA Pro/Am competition in any class that
    competes at 40 yards or less. At any point during the season that a competitor in Open C earns more than
    $300.00 they are required to compete in their choice of Open B, Hunter, Limited or other higher class for the
    remainder of the season. No Shooter of the Year will be awarded in this class.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

You will be allowed to shoot Open C. It's basically a lateral move. If you win out of hunter you are required to move to Open C or higher. Just like if you win out of Open C you are required to move to hunter, Open B or higher.
    Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
    Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose